A Little Old School Method

Old SChool Answer to NI Objection -

If you don't quailify for this policy (Name) what part are you not interested in when you die - your family having to live on welfare or your wife having to get remarried to some jerk!

And that's when you show them a picture of liano!:D

jk, rob.

Well, like Mark said, it isn't advice. It is just a statement about how some sales were presented --mostly in the past.

Although I agree some of these methods should definitely not be used and are borderline fraud at best, it is still interesting.

i am old school! met Ben Feldman east liverpool ohio once. he carred a little coffin with him in his breafcase he would have prospect open it . the guys name was in it . he said im selling dollares for pennies how many do you want to leave your family? he was a great life man!

:)

I wonder if the agents that use all of these "methods" to sell insurance, actually place more policies than me.

I've never had any sales training, but when I first started and didn't have a client base, I'd just walk right up to people and say "hey, you wanna buy some insurance?"

If your heart is in the right place, it works. I sold a lot to women that way, they'd usually start laughing, and we'd talk about it for a while.

hey, you wanna buy some insurance?

John Dillinger was in a different line of work, but had a similar approach. He said you get so much further with a gun and a smile than just a smile alone.

Or maybe it was Al Capone . . .

Old School - When we used to go door to door, when someone comes to the door make sure they see you step back a foot so they won't feel so intimidated, then introduce yourself and why your there , then ask "May I come In" while you reach for the door and actually open it. We always assumed everything, the acceptance, the pitch(yes we pitched), and the close.

New School - Do that now and you might just get shot.

LOL So true. I'm one of those people who doesn't like anyone just stopping by my house unannounced. You better at least call ahead of time. I think since the invention of the telephone it's just rude to interrupt me with no warning. I'm also armed. Hey just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not all out to get me. :1err:

Back