A New Agent Trying to Go Independent.

kalifa18

Expert
I've been following this forum for a while before registering today and post a thread.
Just passed my Life Only agent exam with the state of California and taking the Accident and health on the 19th. I would like to start in the FE arena and slowly jump into the MS to get some stable residual in the future.

After my research on this forum I decided to go independent.It is important to get mentorship and training, but, to me, it is more important the freedom,profit and residual that one can get with and Independent Marketing Organization IMO.

I would like to work preferably with an ethnic niche: The Hispanic Market. I know of two good companies that work on that segment of the market but unfortunately not independent

I could make a mix of the white an Hispanic market at the beginning,no big deal, but I would like to concentrate my efforts in the one I mentioned before.

If any of you know of any IMO that I could contact that not necessarily is specialized in the Latino market but at least work with reputable lead vendors that provide this kind of leads and at the same time has a good training program, it would be very appreciated.

Thanks

Carlos

I've been following this forum for a while before registering today and post a thread. Just passed my Life Only agent exam with the state of California and taking the Accident and health on the 19th. I would like to start in the FE arena and slowly jump into the MS to get some stable residual in the future. After my research on this forum I decided to go independent.It is important to get mentorship and training, but, to me, it is more important the freedom,profit and residual that one can get with and Independent Marketing Organization IMO. I would like to work preferably with an ethnic niche: The Hispanic Market. I know of two good companies that work on that segment of the market but unfortunately not independent I could make a mix of the white an Hispanic market at the beginning,no big deal, but I would like to concentrate my efforts in the one I mentioned before. If any of you know of any IMO that I could contact that not necessarily is specialized in the Latino market but at least work with reputable lead vendors that provide this kind of leads and at the same time has a good training program, it would be very appreciated. Thanks Carlos

I think Doug Massey might have some experience in that area.

I've been following this forum for a while before registering today and post a thread.
Just passed my Life Only agent exam with the state of California and taking the Accident and health on the 19th. I would like to start in the FE arena and slowly jump into the MS to get some stable residual in the future.

After my research on this forum I decided to go independent.It is important to get mentorship and training, but, to me, it is more important the freedom,profit and residual that one can get with and Independent Marketing Organization IMO.

I would like to work preferably with an ethnic niche: The Hispanic Market. I know of two good companies that work on that segment of the market but unfortunately not independent

I could make a mix of the white an Hispanic market at the beginning,no big deal, but I would like to concentrate my efforts in the one I mentioned before.

If any of you know of any IMO that I could contact that not necessarily is specialized in the Latino market but at least work with reputable lead vendors that provide this kind of leads and at the same time has a good training program, it would be very appreciated.

Thanks

Carlos

I spoke with my lead vendor about a year ago, and they were open to putting "se habla español" for an agent in the Miami area without a higher rate increase.

You could also work with a mail house that allows custom copy to be applied to the lead piece - that's fairly easy enough.

Lastly, you would need to figure out how to get a list of Spanish speakers - perhaps it would be easier just identifying the ZIPS where there is a majority of Spanish speaking residents, and dropping your custom piece there.

Lastly, you would need to figure out how to get a list of Spanish speakers - perhaps it would be easier just identifying the ZIPS where there is a majority of Spanish speaking residents, and dropping your custom piece there.

The Lead Connections has the ability to pull data from Hispanics only. He's done it for us. The main problem the OP is going to have where he lives will probably end up being poor returns.

A fixed cost lead in California is going to be my suggestion. It just happens that last month, my wife designed a pretty strong Final Expense Life Insurance card in Spanish, that we are testing out for the Fixed Cost Lead program.

Thanks

Carlos

I would guess finding Spanish leads would be as easy as filtering for them. The Hispanic market, I find it the easiest of the ethnic markets. It is a love sale. An emotional sale. Normally goes beyond just burial to include some money for the family. You probably know more about your ethnic market. Personally I would have access to side companies to write their adult kids and grandkids If you become their trusted agent you very well could be their families insurance agent. The daughters and sons will have an opinion. You will find the kids are English as primary language and more and more upwardly mobile.

I would look for the guy that is going to fit your style of learning, will be available in our time zone, and answers his phone. Of course someone that is a proven trainer.

I know that there are a couple FE imos looking for a Spanish speaking agent in California. Not all companies have Spanish material. More companies are adding them. Some will have Spanish examiners for the PHI some will require a third party interpreter. Some are much more lenient on TIN v SSN. Most will take Green cards. The two main spanish life insurance commercials in California are Golden Memorial (LH) and that Rico Swavy Senior Life guy. The GM guys (good guys) have a Spanish specific area. But they are captive.

I know which guys I would send a buddy to.

Required Disclaimer: I am not an FE agent. ("they" said so). While I have been selling FE to the Spanish market, in several western states since 1994 and sold my first Spanish speaking Life client in 1985, I am not an FE agent. I am a Life Insurance agent. So I would disregard the above. :twitchy:

I spoke with my lead vendor about a year ago, and they were open to putting "se habla español" for an agent in the Miami area without a higher rate increase.

You could also work with a mail house that allows custom copy to be applied to the lead piece - that's fairly easy enough.

Make sense, thank you

----------

I would guess finding Spanish leads would be as easy as filtering for them. The Hispanic market, I find it the easiest of the ethnic markets. It is a love sale. An emotional sale. Normally goes beyond just burial to include some money for the family. You probably know more about your ethnic market. Personally I would have access to side companies to write their adult kids and grandkids If you become their trusted agent you very well could be their families insurance agent. The daughters and sons will have an opinion. You will find the kids are English as primary language and more and more upwardly mobile.

I would look for the guy that is going to fit your style of learning, will be available in our time zone, and answers his phone. Of course someone that is a proven trainer.

I know that there are a couple FE imos looking for a Spanish speaking agent in California. Not all companies have Spanish material. More companies are adding them. Some will have Spanish examiners for the PHI some will require a third party interpreter. Some are much more lenient on TIN v SSN. Most will take Green cards. The two main spanish life insurance commercials in California are Golden Memorial (LH) and that Rico Swavy Senior Life guy. The GM guys (good guys) have a Spanish specific area. But they are captive.

I know which guys I would send a buddy to.

Required Disclaimer: I am not an FE agent. ("they" said so). While I have been selling FE to the Spanish market, in several western states since 1994 and sold my first Spanish speaking Life client in 1985, I am not an FE agent. I am a Life Insurance agent. So I would disregard the above. :twitchy:

That is right,some Latino seniors do not have a SSN but an ITIN number instead,so it would be interesting identify which companies accept the ITIN.
I've seen those commercials in Spanish but I wonder if the ROI for someone who is just starting it's worth it or not. I've heard they are around $36 lead
And I have researched about LH and Senior Life,they heavily recruit Spanish agents here in CA but I would prefer not being captive and at the same time get a street level commission if possible or a decent enough at least to make a good use of my investment and make a living.

Thanks for the advice.

----------

The Lead Connections has the ability to pull data from Hispanics only. He's done it for us. The main problem the OP is going to have where he lives will probably end up being poor returns.

A fixed cost lead in California is going to be my suggestion. It just happens that last month, my wife designed a pretty strong Final Expense Life Insurance card in Spanish, that we are testing out for the Fixed Cost Lead program.

Would you mind telling me how much a fixed cost lead cost,where to get it,how to do it,do you pick some pre-determined zip codes with high Hispanic density population?
Could you elaborate that, please?

Thanks Dough

Make sense, thank you

----------

That is right,some Latino seniors do not have a SSN but an ITIN number instead,so it would be interesting identify which companies accept the ITIN.
I've seen those commercials in Spanish but I wonder if the ROI for someone who is just starting it's worth it or not. I've heard they are around $36 lead
And I have researched about LH and Senior Life,they heavily recruit Spanish agents here in CA but I would prefer not being captive and at the same time get a street level commission if possible or a decent enough at least to make a good use of my investment and make a living.

Thanks for the advice.

----------

Would you mind telling me how much a fixed cost lead cost,where to get it,how to do it,do you pick some pre-determined zip codes with high Hispanic density population?

Thanks Dough

Why not work a normal final expense market?

Make sense, thank you

----------

Thanks for the advice.

Do not take my "good guys" comment as me saying go with them. I mean the guys I know there are good guys. To me, it is just a company. I am as independent as they come. I would not like being confined to only one company.

There are some solid guys (recruiters)on this forum. I have a few contract scattered here. But several more off this board. The beauty of the forum is it is public.

Depending on what part of California you are in I could have some split deals I do not want to drive to do. Especially smaller ones South of LA or say North of Sacramento.

I was just causing chit with my last paragraph on my last post BTW. Has nothing to do with you.

Lee

Make sense, thank you

----------

Thanks Dough

Fixed cost leads vary in price depending on who you are getting them from. I sent you a PM with my contact info in case you want me to elaborate on how our lead programs work.

Back