Best fe company to write with for new agent? Why?

Baltimore Life -ease of use, quick pay and SSB

Prosperity life - quick contracting, takes direct express

1 price busting player based on your state

or

1 all inclusive 0-85 product like…
Citizens or Truestage

If you are only going to write 1-company you may as well write a captive company like Lincoln Heritage or Old American. They make it easy to just write one uncompetitive company. If that is your goal.

If you are only going to write 1-company you may as well write a captive company like Lincoln Heritage or Old American. They make it easy to just write one uncompetitive company. If that is your goal.

OP didn't say he/she wanted to just write one company: OP asked for best FE company to write with for a new agent.

When I started, I wrote Royal Neighbors unless I needed to go GI: liberal underwriting was the key for me. Their rates were high, but not captive company high. After about three months I made Transamerica my go-to: ease of underwriting, price competitive, etc. Then I had two or three apps come back with BS addendums etc. so screw them.

Had Scott at FEX ever called me back, I'd have been with FEX contracting and I would have chosen KSKJ, which also had liberal underwriting and the added benefit of being extremely price competitive.

I've recently started writing FE again a little bit. I like SBLI (Savings Bank Life Insurance of Massachusetts) for telesales.

If you can get a KSKJ contract in your state I think that is probably the best one to start off with if you are a face-to-face agent.

Prosperity is a good one to have in your bag if you wish to take direct express clients.

@Newby is right in that a captive company is probably the "easiest" because one app takes everyone, preferred, standard, modified, guaranteed issue. But that ease does come with a cost.

Re: KSKJ - safe to assume the contracting pause is because they are getting too much business?

Yes, they are. Best FE company, since KSKJ is unavailable, is tough to answer. For a sort of one size fits most, I'd suggest AmAm for a new agent. You want an easy, predictable company with decent rates and good agent support.

Alternatively, maybe SBLI or Prosperity. None of these are my favorite. I write mostly KSKJ and Trinity. But KSKJ is not available for you, and Trinity won't be easy to learn for new agents.

For a new agent ? Might want to try Great Western.
Not the cheapest but competitive enough to be in the game.
They offer day 1 coverage,graded coverage and GI all on one easy instant decision e-app.
No height-weight chart,and they take credit cards,electronic signature option,good agent support,good customer service,pay the claims pretty fast.

Good way for a new agent to break in,get his feet wet.

Back