A trick that might help you make the close on a sale.

Thanks again Mark, and here's a tip for you:

Download Google's new browser, Google Chrome.

It spell checks your post for you automatically as you type. :)

Mr. Rosenthal, Your website seems to promote all non med companies. So you gave him the best non med price at the time. You could have also sat them down and told the wife to look at her husband and tell him she loves him because he told you over the phone how important it was that he get this protection for her. Yeah that guy right there you picked a winner, now sign here.
Sure I get the closer and it sounds interesting. I guess I was judging based on the fact that you are in the mortgage protection arena, where you have to sell that way with non meds too get it done fast so they don't change their mind during underwriting. I'm such an *** and I feel sooo embarrassed because you're the man.:embarrassed:

Actually, I do a lot of fully medical companies also. Most companies do both. I have been with a ton of companies that are no longer around also.

As an agent I do prefer non medical. Most of my clients do also. The longer is takes for a policy to get issued, the more problems you can run into. But I always give them the option, but most of my clients hate needles and want the coverage in a hurry. But they are still given the option.

Mark Rosenthal
[email protected]
www.realfastservice.com

Actually, I do a lot of fully medical companies also. Most companies do both. I have been with a ton of companies that are no longer around also.

As an agent I do prefer non medical. Most of my clients do also. The longer is takes for a policy to get issued, the more problems you can run into. But I always give them the option, but most of my clients hate needles and want the coverage in a hurry. But they are still given the option.

Your stuff is very interesting.

Can you tell us a little about your background? MDRT qualifier? Have you attained the CLU designation?

Mark Rosenthal
[email protected]
www.realfastservice.com
Respect! You probably have heard all the closing techniques. I worked for a well known Mortgage protection company and was very new to the industry. The trainer said the product was the lowest priced. I had no idea until I started running quotes and noticed that the same carrier's prices for fully underwritten were much lower for the average healthy person. So I went against the trainer's advice and started offering the client a choice. Well on a conference call as I was getting praised for being one of the top producers he ripped into me for having the slowest issue time. It really jaded me towards that market and I moved into another line. I still offer Life but as a cross sell.

Respect! You probably have heard all the closing techniques. I worked for a well known Mortgage protection company and was very new to the industry. The trainer said the product was the lowest priced. I had no idea until I started running quotes and noticed that the same carrier's prices for fully underwritten were much lower for the average healthy person. So I went against the trainer's advice and started offering the client a choice. Well on a conference call as I was getting praised for being one of the top producers he ripped into me for having the slowest issue time. It really jaded me towards that market and I moved into another line. I still offer Life but as a cross sell.

It's hard to soar with eagles when you work with turkeys! I would leave and work somewhere else, too!

The sad thing is that these turkeys never learn.... as a matter of fact, if you ask any turkey farmer, he will tell you that turkeys will starve to death with feed in their trough if you don't put something shiny in the trough for them to peck at. When they do, they get food on their bills and that's how they are taught to eat!

Do you ever end up with a client that you just know that you not going to close the sale on?

I had this client named Mike T. and I had spent about an hour on him already. We had figured out that his family would need $350,000 if he didn’t come home tomorrow. He had agreed with this amount. I came up with a good price, which I can’t remember; I think it was about $140.00 a month.

He told me that he knew he needed $350,000 worth of coverage, but he just could not afford it right now.

This guy was not a poor client; he had a brand new bass boat in his front yard and lived in a really nice home. So I thought he just rather spend his money on other things and thought he would just wait until later to buy the insurance that he knew that he needed.

Now I’m going to tell you how I closed the sale.

Whenever you know that you are not going to make the sale it is okay to make the client mad. What do you have to lose at this point? Sometimes by making him mad you can the truth out of him and then overcome his objections.

I thought about attacking him on the fact that I thought he could afford the insurance or asking him if he really loved his family. But I didn’t do this with this client. I remember a trick that my father had taught me.

I told Mike that I wanted to talk about some facts.

Mike the fact is that in 5 mins I’m leaving this house. The fact is that you need $350,000 worth of insurance coverage today and you have agreed to this already. The fact is that it cost $140.00 a month for this coverage.

I’m want to help you make the wisest decision today.

I took a sheet of paper. On one side of the sheet I wrote $350,000 and on the other side I wrote $140.00. I tore the paper in half in front of him.

In 5 mins the fact is that I’m leaving with one of these two sheets of paper. I’m either walking out the door with $350,000 and leaving you with your $140.00 or I’m walking out the door with your $140.00 and leaving you with the $350,000 worth of coverage. These are the facts.

Which is the wisest decision that you could make today? I know you love your family and want to make sure they are protected today in case something ever happens to you. Mike I know $140.00 is a lot of money, but don’t you think your family is worth it and you will sleep better tonight knowing that your family is fully protected.

He went and got his check book and wrote me the check.
Mike you made the wisest decision today, and I thank you.

I got two more referrals from Mike and I left with his check in my pocket and one hell of a sales story to tell.

I have used this a couple of times on clients. Most of the time it works on them.

I'm going to bump some old threads....This was a good one.

Back