Aaa

argar5

Guru
100+ Post Club
I have been in the insurance business for 37 years really don't need to do a whole lot now I was approached buy a new agent and asked me if I knew anything about captive agents at AAA he said he hears they make pretty good money I have no idea on the AAA agents does anyone out there have any ideas on them.

Top notch company, benefits, medical, etc. Lots of lifers. I interviewed their and almost took the job. Steady pay but it is low. You have a base and ability to make a little commission. Best case scenario is you make 45k total with commission and base. If you do not need to make much and looking for a great company for long term I would say go for it.

Top notch company, benefits, medical, etc. Lots of lifers. I interviewed their and almost took the job. Steady pay but it is low. You have a base and ability to make a little commission. Best case scenario is you make 45k total with commission and base. If you do not need to make much and looking for a great company for long term I would say go for it.
A new agent was asking me I appreciate what you said I will let him know because I know nothing about AAA thank you

I used to work for them about 2 years ago. Frankly I had a bad experience with them.

Pros
Base salary
No driving, 95% of sales done in AAA office
Constant employee and member interaction
Competitive Term life premiums
Benefits.

Cons
Managers are the worst and most laziest peeps I have ever seen. Its ashamed that they make a override of you while not doing anything.
Worst underwriting ever!!! You will be sweating bricks if your policy does not get issues by the end of the month due to turtle sloooooww underwriting. You will be waiting for a APS report on a $10 dollar term policy.
Compensation plan is difficult to understand and its all based on tier system
If auto, travel and membership do not constant feed you warm leads, then you will starve a slow death.
Depending on what office you get assigned to, having more than one life agent seems like the wealth is spread super thin.

I was a top agent with them, management is what drove me away in disgust. I became an independent right after, best move I ever made and never look back. I guess overall is not a bad company to start your career with. Sucks that it can be extremely slow at times and cannot leave the office, a 9-5 sales job..no bueno!

I used to work for them about 2 years ago. Frankly I had a bad experience with them. Pros Base salary No driving, 95% of sales done in AAA office Constant employee and member interaction Competitive Term life premiums Benefits. Cons Managers are the worst and most laziest peeps I have ever seen. Its ashamed that they make a override of you while not doing anything. Worst underwriting ever!!! You will be sweating bricks if your policy does not get issues by the end of the month due to turtle sloooooww underwriting. You will be waiting for a APS report on a $10 dollar term policy. Compensation plan is difficult to understand and its all based on tier system If auto, travel and membership do not constant feed you warm leads, then you will starve a slow death. Depending on what office you get assigned to, having more than one life agent seems like the wealth is spread super thin. I was a top agent with them, management is what drove me away in disgust. I became an independent right after, best move I ever made and never look back. I guess overall is not a bad company to start your career with. Sucks that it can be extremely slow at times and cannot leave the office, a 9-5 sales job..no bueno!
Best part is a salary benefits and 9-5. I work more hours and pay my own benefits but make more money. To each his own I guess.

Back