ACA Plans for Florida for 2017?

If you want to offer ACA in 2017, license in California and get appointed with the carriers on their exchange. One of the few states where insurance carriers are mandated to pay decent commissions.

Unless you have FL Blue, don't bother.

If you want to offer ACA in 2017, license in California and get appointed with the carriers on their exchange. One of the few states where insurance carriers are mandated to pay decent commissions.

Unless you have FL Blue, don't bother.

That advice doesn't help someone who has busted his or her butt to build a loyal client base in Florida and now finds themselves marginalized out of business by ACA, does it?

It isn't like California insurance companies are paying high enough commissions to justify marketing dollars either-Anthem is $12 PMPM, Kaiser is $100 one time, Blue Shield isn't much better than Anthem (if at all)

I thought CA mandated a commissions floor, 6% last I looked.

Also, Aetna is paying commissions for off market only, I have seen some people say $5-$8 PMPM.

Is that worth my time and marketing money? Nooooooooo.

It's basically just there for these insurance mills who have slave agents cranking out a dozen enrollments per agent per day. Not worth any small agency or independent agents times if you ask me. Too many other much more profitable things to sell.

That advice doesn't help someone who has busted his or her butt to build a loyal client base in Florida and now finds themselves marginalized out of business by ACA, does it?

It isn't like California insurance companies are paying high enough commissions to justify marketing dollars either-Anthem is $12 PMPM, Kaiser is $100 one time, Blue Shield isn't much better than Anthem (if at all)

Yeap, were all in the same boat. We started out last year, heavily invested in UHC, only to have them drop commissions to $0 two weeks into OEP. We had to scrable and shift out focus late in the game. Almost put us under.

ACA is a losing battle. People either want Medi-Share junk or crying for single payer.

Until we see the day where politicians are removed from the healthcare system it will only continue to get worse. Like anything else involved in politics, only the people at the top who have the leverage will benefit from it on a personal financial basis, along with the people down at the bottom who get hand outs in exchange for votes.
Everyone else in the middle gets porked.

Does any one who sells blue aca know the commissions?
I don't understand how people can still sell that crap not knowing what your getting paid.
In the meantime you could have been selling aetna,uhc and humana or anyone else for medicare and making a good living.

can you share the commissions please? I'm working with an agent referring and I want to be fair.

----------

Probably because you gave yourself a "Thumbs Up".:twitchy:

Not cool...:no:

just a mistake, i actually meant to thumbs up another post, its all good though, it was a good question.:D

Back