Acquiring disability insurance during voluntary unemployment?

I wouldn't suggest doing it on your own. Use an independent broker - costs you nothing, you won't have to learn everything there is to know about DI, and they might be able to get you a discount that you can't get on your own too.

The problem is every broker I've talked to is a dead-end; they don't even believe this kind of thing exists. When they "talk to their guy", they are told the same thing - something like this isn't possible. Guess it's time to interview brokers en masse until I get one that's able to acknowledge this kind of thing.

The problem is every broker I've talked to is a dead-end; they don't even believe this kind of thing exists. When they "talk to their guy", they are told the same thing - something like this isn't possible. Guess it's time to interview brokers en masse until I get one that's able to acknowledge this kind of thing.

Anyone who needs to "talk to their guy" isn't someone you want to be buying disability insurance from. A good agent will already know this stuff. PM me if you want some help, I'm licensed in IL and there are other agents in this thread that could also help you.

Back