Add CVS Health To Your Final Expense Portfolio

The above information on Asthma is incorrect. Just got off the phone with an Underwriter. It is not asked on the application so Asthma qualifies for Level Preferred.

We still don’t have an Rx guide so we’re all just guessing at this point.

The UWs still don’t have the Rx guide. Smh...

The CVS product does not consider maintenance drugs as treatment for the heart, stroke and circulatory questions. A detailed comparison of competitor applications with CVS reveals it to be about the best for Immediate Preferred Level or Standard Level Death Benefit coverage.

The CVS product does not consider maintenance drugs as treatment for the heart, stroke and circulatory questions. A detailed comparison of competitor applications with CVS reveals it to be about the best for Immediate Preferred Level or Standard Level Death Benefit coverage.

How do you know this?

The above information on Asthma is incorrect. Just got off the phone with an Underwriter. It is not asked on the application so Asthma qualifies for Level Preferred.

We don't know that yet . How will they determine the definition of what chronic respiratory problems is? How many times a week of usage is chronic? I think Trans is 6 or more times a yr refill . The rates for 95% of people are just ok. Yes you can use now and then but who will seriously use a a lead company if your a face to face agent? Still much better and cheaper products out there like Kskj and Trinity but yes i'll use now and then as it has brand name recognition.

Thanks was getting ready to upload:

I spoke to UWing. They still don't know what's going on to be honest. I did ask how they treat dual purpose meds and right now it's flagging them and declining them.

UWing says you can call back in and get a doctor's note to overturn...meh.

I mean lisinopril is on there for CHF. I understand why, but that's going to knock everyone out.

Albuterol is on there for COPD. Same thing, but I couldn't get a clear answer if Asthma was even considered a chronic respiratory issue or not.

But I think in its current setup, it would be pushed standard.

Now maybe the UWer didn't know what she's talking about. She did mention they are working with Milliman to stop flagging the dual purpose meds, but they may have rushed this out without thinking through these potholes...

I don’t write Aetna but if you look at the rx guide Todd king linked if it had a drug flagged and no dull purpose * beside it it was a decline or graded no questions asked. As I recall Aetna FE didn’t have an eapp( maybe the last few yrs they did ).So if they gave little exp with the dual meds it could be many declines . When I have tricky drugs that Eapps could flag I always do a carrier with a phone interview as the client can explain the drug use . I’ve found Trinty excellent on that .

Back