Advice from veterans to young guys

Agent 0

Expert
What recommendations on niches/ forward thinking practices/ general pieces of advice should young guys look into based on where you think the insurance field will be moving over the next decade or two?

What lines of business and what state?
For Minnesota but if anyone sees interesting developments in their own states I would like to learn about that too. I had commercial lines in mind but wouldn’t mind advice for where P&C is going in the next decade.

A certain niche I have also been interested in on the health side would be helping special needs people with their health plans. Is there any such thing?

For Minnesota but if anyone sees interesting developments in their own states I would like to learn about that too. I had commercial lines in mind but wouldn’t mind advice for where P&C is going in the next decade.

The cartoon characters and websites are going to take a bigger and bigger chunk out of p&c over the years, but less so for the higher net worth clients and business people.

You can build a commercial book, but your best bet is to find a niche and focus on it. I would strongly suggest you start learning about how to ask for referrals using a structured system, and building a network. I just sit an wait for the phone to ring. That's the dream of pretty much every agent. You can make it happen, but you need to make it happen.

Back