AEP - Hows Everyone Doing This Year

Nope, When I called her back she thought I was the most incompentent person out there. What sucks is this seems to be a trend with Great American, you would get an email Monday about something they would no longer do as the previous friday...the good emails would arrive Thursday about a change the next day, It would suck because there were times I would have an appointment booked for the next week and then I would call the client explain what was happening and at times it would mean a really late appointment that day and faxing in the app after midnight.

It wasn't your fault but I can see the applicant's point of view in dealing with $50,000.

From Nov 1 to Sept 1 this year I wrote a good number of plans, most of them were to duals at a commission of $500.
Rick

The way you said it made it sound like you were getting 500 on all duals. Now you're back tracking to new to medicare duals.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
You would "think" wrong.

CA pays 500/250. Most of the other 57 states pay 400/200.

Rick

We all know california is special.
I "think" we have a bastard on the forum... no wait, we do!

Either that or a bloviator.:skeptical:

Last edited:
The way you said it made it sound like you were getting 500 on all duals. Now you're back tracking to new to medicare duals.

Okay, let me rephrase that.

Most of the duals I enrolled were new to MA plans so I received the true-up commission on them.

Does that make more sense?

Rick

We all know california is special.

They NEED that extra $50 in calif. It's really expensive.

IT'S ALMOST OVER!! One more day and we're out. Closed on Friday... didn't get it done... TOO DARN BAD.

We helped over 300 with PDP's, a few with MAPD exits, picked up a bunch of new clients for MedSupps. Overall a success.

ONE MORE DAY!

I almost feel like my hiccups are just about over. I'll be glad when I get to bed Friday, but will miss all the people coming to my website and asking me to write them a plan.

I can't compete with guys saying they wrote 100-200-300 MAPD plans (mainly because I've always believed in telling the truth). But I've had a great year and because of my work the past two years I have the luxury of re-inventing my career this coming year.

Looking forward to transitioning into LTC.

Rick

I almost feel like my hiccups are just about over. I'll be glad when I get to bed Friday, but will miss all the people coming to my website and asking me to write them a plan.

I can't compete with guys saying they wrote 100-200-300 MAPD plans (mainly because I've always believed in telling the truth). But I've had a great year and because of my work the past two years I have the luxury of re-inventing my career this coming year.

Looking forward to transitioning into LTC.

Rick

Rick ,

I know you love me and eveything.. but those MAPD figures you mention above are realistic. Not many agents can hit the 2-300 mark during AEP but there are quite a few than can exceed that figure. I will continue to ride the MA AEP wave until it crashes. Cya at the beach :err:

Rick ,

I know you love me and eveything.. but those MAPD figures you mention above are realistic. Not many agents can hit the 2-300 mark during AEP but there are quite a few than can exceed that figure. I will continue to ride the MA AEP wave until it crashes. Cya at the beach :err:

I wasn't referring to YOU. I know you're better than all of us because you joined this forum and said so.

Rick

Back