Aetna Commission Error

May 1, 2008

1. taterpeeler

taterpeeler Guru

State:
    Texas
    Ok, here is one for you. I have jsut noticed that Aetna has not paid me for several deals over the last few years. Here is what happened: Got the April rt increase notice and called all the clients on the report. I felt at the time that it was a little "light" in number of clients but I was way to buzy to do anything about it. This month I get 4 calls from clients asking why I didnt call them and work something out cause they got a big increase. Why did I not call them, I have not been getting paid on them for 2 years.

At this time I am doing a check(big butt whipping) and have made it to the start of the C's and have about 5. The pattern: if the client was split up on seperate apps by me to save money I am not getting paid on the family, only the single applicant. Now can't tell yet if it is every client that I split but we will see. SOOO, just check your account and see if it is happing to you.

After the compleate check I will call Aetna, that should be fun because bonus money may be involved here too!!

2. mariemerganser

mariemerganser Super Genius

Same issues here. We actually just recently did an audit on our bonuses for 2006 & 2007, hit the top number for all of them. We fought hard for the money but they only agreed to pay us for 2007.

On a much bigger note, we decided to do a complete audit on our Book of Business. So far we have sent in over 20K in unpaid commissions. We will see what kind of excuses they come back with. I would love to know how you are making out.

3. bill3173

bill3173 Guru

State:
    North Carolina

Thought that I was one of the lucky ones, when I read these posts a few months ago. I spoke with them today, about several cases that I hadn't received a dime on since July. They said that they'd correct the error, and apologized, that the accounts were current and didn't know why I hadn't been paid.

This going on with anyone else?

bill3173, Sep 22, 2008
  4. TXINSURANCE

TXINSURANCE Guru

That is not possible.

Insurance companies do not make commission errors - no way.

It can't be true.

5. Crabcake Johnny

Crabcake Johnny Guru

State:
    South Carolina
    Actually, some don't. At least, with certain carriers I've personally never had a commission error. With others they seem to have all kinds of excuses.

6. moonlightandmargaritas

moonlightandmargaritas Guru

State:
    Florida
    Most are pretty good.

One lied to me about comp last week. I will never send them another case.

If you have continuous problems and issues why keep sendin' 'em your business?

7. TXINSURANCE

TXINSURANCE Guru

I am currently conducting a two year audit on hundreds of cases - this is a mess and so far the results are not good.

8. Crabcake Johnny

Crabcake Johnny Guru

State:
    South Carolina
    My number one company for pay issues was Aetna. They alway had some kind of excuse.

What it all boils down to is a total disregard for their sales force.

9. bill3173

bill3173 Guru

State:
    North Carolina
    Yes, but there name recognition is powerful, particularly with anyone over 30. Alot of clients remember "Aetna, I'm glad I met cha" commercials.

bill3173, Sep 22, 2008
  10. moonlightandmargaritas

moonlightandmargaritas Guru

State:
    Florida
    Blue Cross, Humana, United Healthcare...there's TONS of companies that have strong "name recognition"!