Aetna, Self-Employed questions

And all of this could have been averted if she would have called an agent before quitting work.

And you can't say she didn't know health agents existed.

For now, I have decided to continue my current coverage through Cobra.

Thank you to those that shared helpful tips.

Keeping Cobra is a big part of growing up. You have made a good choice.

Excellent coverage comes with significant costs. But group insurance is terrific stuff, it’s purchased in volume, is therefore a good buy, covering the most important areas that you need protection in. It is a great value to have such an offer. And yes I have taken Cobra myself.

Imagine you were going to get cancer in the next 90 days. What kind of plan would you want? One a lot like the one you just kept.

People think insurance is pricey when they imagine that they will have no claims. Seniors think supplement costs are high compared to zero. One must have a logical basis of comparison to determine value. Experience usually provides that basis. “Good judgement comes from making bad mistakes!”

ACA policies have great gaping costs waiting for you to discover. Also, You lose group dental, vision, etc. and the best drug prices in any category.

If anyone thinks insurance is too high priced, talk to my neighbor whose wife was life flighted to the hospital and barely got out alive. But since her coverage looked “too expensive” 3 months earlier she had none. And know that medical costs are never forgiven through bankruptcy. So the system (you and me) will help pay her claim) and they will die still owing most of it.

On the last group coverage I had, the dental plan was separate from the health plan and I was allowed to just have the dental coverage through cobra.

When I do a group plan: on the employer application they have an option to elect when employee coverage ends:
1. End on the month
2. Last day worked

Back