Health Sherpa questions

devoe

Hello everyone,

I was wondering does anyone have any knowledge or experience working with health sherpa? Can you tell me the pros and cons of working with this company for Obamacare?

I can't think of any Cons. I have used them since 2017 and have been more than happy with them and it continually gets better.

I was just wondering do they get a portion of the commission for using there system? I know nothing is free I was wondering how do they get paid. I want to start selling Obamacare and I heard about health sherpa.

I can't think of any Cons. I have used them since 2017 and have been more than happy with them and it continually gets better.

I was just wondering do they get a portion of the commission for using there system? I know nothing is free I was wondering how do they get paid. I want to start selling Obamacare and I heard about health sherpa.

Depends if you use them as an FMO or not.

I asked them that question. When you get to the end to put your npn # you get a lump sum of like 6 months up front if you don’t want to be the agent . Also many agents don’t want to sell so they refer to health Sherpa for a small fee

Pro: its a free enrollment platform
Con: Although it is rare...its been know to happen that Healthsherpa's NPN # ends up on your application

What is a FMO? What's the the difference if I use them as a FMO or not? Sorry I'm really new to this,, just trying to learn. Thanks for any help

Usually an FMO helps you with Marketing, Leads, Training, etc...So they get paid a small override to do that.

Hello everyone,

Devoe, that is a great question! HealthSherpa is a free enrollment platform for agents to use for their ACA enrollment needs. Our company makes money through a few different revenue sources. First, we provide a white label enrollment experience for different insurance companies that we contracted with to allow their captive agents to enroll their clients through our site. HealthSherpa also offers a referral program where we allow agents to refer applications to us in the event that they are not contracted with that particular carrier. We become the AOR on these applications and the submitting agent receives a referral bonus. In the event that you accidentally refer a client to us, simply reach out to our Agent Support team at 888-684-1373 and we will work with you to correct the application.

HealthSherpa also operates as an agency for consumers who go directly to our website or call into our call center. We are listed as the AOR for these applications and service them as our clients. Our website is never exposed to your clients.

Please let us know if you have any other questions!

HealthSherpa Team

Back