Aetna should not be allowed to do this

Any Aetna member that had agreed to receive their documents digitally instead of through the regular postal service was recently sent an email stating that their ANOC for 2025 would soon be sent via EMAIL ONLY.

I don't think this is a good idea; not at all. It should be required that important documents such as ANOC be sent through regular mail.
In the past, plans mailed the ANOC booklet in clear plastic and it was very noticeable and it stood out from the rest of the mail that people are sent.

This year it's more important than ever before that members are aware of the changes their plan is making for 2025. people are going to overlook the email, I know it's going to happen. I am sure that in a lot of cases, the agent, not the member, may have requested digital documents. Remember, nowadays it's often that people are not even aware their plan has been switched. Personally, I have spent a lot of time this year getting my clients back on their original plan because some telemarketer switched them. But not all of these telemarketing victims have an agent.

So, a lot of people are not going to see their ANOC; they are not going to know that their stand alone PDP is having a substantial premium increase, or that it won't be covering one of their medications, etc. The deadline will pass and in January they will find out that it's too late to change their PDP.

It should be a requirement that ANOCs are mailed out to all members, regardless of what their communication preferences are.
This just might save a few catastrophes from happening. It won't solve all problems, but people who may have otherwise ignored or overlooked an email, might see that booklet in the mail and open it up and read it and understand what they need to do.

Emails just don't warrant the same attention that a booklet wrapped in clear plastic arriving in the mail does. Members are much more likely to read this booklet than they are to see the email and try to download some pdf version of the booklet and then attempt to read it on their cell phone or something.

Trust me, this is not good. So many people don't have an agent; especially when it's just for a stand alone PDP. I can promise you that thousands of Medicare beneficiaries are going to get burned; The government should make it mandatory that ANOCs are mailed out to members each year. I am shocked that Aetna is being allowed to do this. I am shocked that Aetna would think this is a good idea.

Speaking of Aetna . Somebody posted there south Texas first look at it was Ugly . Many cancelled plans and no cross walks . Mid level I know they’ve been your favorite company for a long time . Let’s see how much golf your playing this aep . lol . You’ll be scrambling like the rest of us to keep your book intact

Where did they see first looks, my rep said mid sept

It wasn’t a first look. It only had plan names changing and people aren’t being crosswalked.

Again, this is nothing new with Aetna. They seem to do it every year.
Aetna will reach out to the member and let them know the correct plan to be on and you’re the AOR.

I’ve had to do it 4 years now.
Aetna PPO, to PPO Premier, to PPO Premier Plus, to this last year moving to the PPO Explorer.
They’re never cross walked and I’ve had no problem keeping AOR when they get called by Aetna or call in their self.

Just wait until they fill their medications in January. Its going to be a busy OEP next year. Many seniors don't read their ANOC letters or understand how the changes impact them. Yikes!

Back