Aflac Or Conseco?

Speaking of Conseco..........Didnt get my renewal check last month and have got a big check coming this month........ No need to panic yet. Just got a feeling this might be the long anticipated snakerooski Ive been expecting for years.
I heard that the execs spent it on hookers this year

Scott C. - while you were working at Aflac, did you ever "compete" for the duck? One of the creepiest things I ever saw. The agents in the office would all line up and have a competition to see who could get past the "gatekeeper", which was normally the district manager. The agent that most slyly got past the "gatekeeper" got a duck. They did this for hours. Needless to say, that was enough for me. Grown *** men competing for a stuffed duck was bad enough, hoisting the little bugger above your head as if it were the triumph of all triumphs, was insane.

I left that office feeling very unsure about the future of the human race... and even more confused that I did not heed the warning given by more than one person on this board.
I didn't get that far into the job and that would have been a highlight in my career with the duck..
They do have scripts and want you to adhere to them. They beleive in their techniques not yours.
The fact that they are getting burnt out in the market shows in their phone speechs and gatekeeper speechs..I got the feeling they were embarrassed to say AFLAC or their reputation is notorious.
Some of the old dogs rely on the brokers to get them contracts. Than of course they get the suckers like me who thought they were going to help people in AFLAC not knowing their real motives. Using the newbie for their leads I guess is a dirty trick but is still in use. Don't give em a writing number and than ask them to get leads ..But what do you do if you get a contract but cannot put your name on it because the company is dragging their flappers on getting you the writing number to open the contract. They shouldn't be able to get away with such bad behaviour.

How do I know, because you just told me. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like you were using the same exact techniques everyone else at Aflac was using. You were just trying to get past the gatekeeper. You're also assuming I said you were stupid, I didn't. I said you worked stupid, big difference. You simply didn't know better, and Aflac wasn't going to teach you better.

Did you ever call on your old clients, tell them what you are doing, ask what challenges business owners face, and ask them to give you a favorable introduction to other business owners? Did you ever call your friends and do the same, ask what challenges business owners and families face, and ask for introductions? Note, I didn't say call on them for business, but for introductions.

Did you ever attend networking events, with the intention of building centers of influence that could introduce you on a favorable basis to business owners? If you left on good terms, did you ask your former boss for help, introductions to their peers? Did you ever try to team up with a group benefits broker to get introductions to his book of business?

I'm willing to bet the answer to most of these questions is no. That's why you failed. In the past you could cold call enough and maybe get lucky enough to succeed. But not now, not in this economy. Trust me, there are tons of business owners that have never talked to an Aflac agent, their gatekeepers are too good. They might even be interested in allowing Aflac into their business, but you'll never reach them the way Aflac teaches.

The market is far from saturated for life and health products. It is just saturated with Aflac agents that don't know how to effectively prospect.

The art of selling ....
When you start eating beans and crackers every meal, then you have to get aggressive in your pitch.

How do I know, because you just told me. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like you were using the same exact techniques everyone else at Aflac was using. You were just trying to get past the gatekeeper. You're also assuming I said you were stupid, I didn't. I said you worked stupid, big difference. You simply didn't know better, and Aflac wasn't going to teach you better.

Did you ever call on your old clients, tell them what you are doing, ask what challenges business owners face, and ask them to give you a favorable introduction to other business owners? Did you ever call your friends and do the same, ask what challenges business owners and families face, and ask for introductions? Note, I didn't say call on them for business, but for introductions.

Did you ever attend networking events, with the intention of building centers of influence that could introduce you on a favorable basis to business owners? If you left on good terms, did you ask your former boss for help, introductions to their peers? Did you ever try to team up with a group benefits broker to get introductions to his book of business?

I'm willing to bet the answer to most of these questions is no. That's why you failed. In the past you could cold call enough and maybe get lucky enough to succeed. But not now, not in this economy. Trust me, there are tons of business owners that have never talked to an Aflac agent, their gatekeepers are too good. They might even be interested in allowing Aflac into their business, but you'll never reach them the way Aflac teaches.

The market is far from saturated for life and health products. It is just saturated with Aflac agents that don't know how to effectively prospect.
do or did you work for aflac? was wondering if you know first hand how they operate..If not than you might want to believe the nearly 100 percent of all who have gripes with them..yes me firsthand.

Back