Aged leads for new agent!?

We got you covered. www.wholesalefinalexpenseleads.com

Use promo code jones for 10% off. <—-Do that when you’re signing up. Go to shopping cart and input your state.

I checked this out since I'm in the process of becoming a new agent. There doesn't seem to be any leads anywhere near me that aren't 3+ years old. Should that be a red flag to me that my area is over-worked by insurance agents? Should I be concerned that people are not returning very many DM leads? I don't want to get into this to find out that there are 50 chickens fighting over two june bugs.

That's our site. We run territory checks before you sign on in order to protect territories. Feel free to reach out if you want to me check territories for you.

Brand spanking new life insurance DM leads are $30 with street level comp (higher if you have production) OR $18 per lead if you want 90% comp.

I checked this out since I'm in the process of becoming a new agent. There doesn't seem to be any leads anywhere near me that aren't 3+ years old. Should that be a red flag to me that my area is over-worked by insurance agents? Should I be concerned that people are not returning very many DM leads? I don't want to get into this to find out that there are 50 chickens fighting over two june bugs.

I used to work old leads too, and it's not a red flag like you're thinking. The presence of aged leads usually indicates less agent activity, not more. Many agents love buying up aged leads. When I started with a large IMO, my neighbor county had 1,000 $0.50 leads. I bought most of them. It showed me there hadn't been anyone there in a while.

I really wouldn't worry about saturation. I used to as well. The fact is, it doesn't matter how much selling insurance pays, most agents still won't work it right.

It is even difficult for a new agent who works and works and works. Even with direct mail, a bad week or two is possible. I'm coming off a week with plenty of appointments, sits, and door knocks. Every appointment was current cancer, or HIV/AIDS, or vascular surgery in the last few weeks/months.

"Why did you send this card?"

"'Cause the doctor says I'll be dead inside three months and I should get my 'fairs in order."

SO I wrote a few GI cases (though I am getting more and more like JD in this regard in that I'd rather not write the ones who are not going to make it two years). I told a few to call MOO and get GI direct from them as they were told they have less than a year to live (one has been given less than three months).

At the same time, extraordinary weeks happen as well. One of those weeks where everyone I meet has a crappy overpriced low-face graded or modified benefit who can triple their coverage with day one level benefit for the same price and it is lay down after lay down.

In either case, I find I need 30 to 40 hours in the field, week after week, to balance everything out. September was my best month since I started, October is nearly half over and I am off to an excruciatingly slow start. But not for lack of trying. I just got to keep grinding. I'll be at my first door tomorrow at 10 AM, and unless something weird happens, my last knock won't be until sometime between 7-8 PM, depending upon when the last sit of the day opens the door and lets me in.

Too many new agents, in my opinion, are recruited into this business on the lie that it is easy money. It only seems easy momentarily to the person who was used to getting $8/hour flipping burgers who lucks into a lay down and an $800 commission that took all of an hour. Then the lead bill keeps coming, and they find that not every lead is a lay down and some of these people actually need to meet someone with sales skills to move the process along to a close.

Then they are out of the business.

But the truth is this is a business. We'd all be better off if those willing to do the work week after week were allowed to work, and the recruiters would stop recruiting, and then mailing for every would-be "agent" who can fog a mirror. And the public would be better off as well.

Back