Aged Leads - How old is too old?

I too will work a lead no matter how old. I've sold a many of them. You just HAVE TO think on your feet! LOL Try teaching that to a new agent. They just say that person was not there so i left. Makes my BP go up and up!

Thinking quick on your feet is a necessary skill for any salesman. I dont know if that can be taught or if it just comes with time/experience.

I must say that I absolutely love working aged directmail leads... the return on investment is astronomical. Of course new leads are the best but its been my experience that if you know the areas to purchase them in the numbers may not be current but they still live at those addresses. Whats more is that most of them can't tell the difference between something they sent in 5 years ago or something 2 months ago. Once you get into the house its all the same.. But I'm still young in the game lol:D

I think it would be fun to see some agents have a contest. Get 5 top producers together and give them all 20 leads that are at least 3 years old in the same general area, and see which one gets the most premium. :)

Back