Agency Management System

It would be a "pain in the butt" for me personally because when I travel I am frequently in locations where I would not be able to easily get an internet connection. If I need to use my data I want instant access to it.

Interesting. I wonder where you travel to that you can't get a wi-fi connect, if not a cell-phone connect via a wireless card. Maybe it is the difference between CA and MO. I can't think of one place I go to... San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Diego, the Inland Empire, Reno/Tahoe, or either the wine country or the gold country that I can't get an internet connection. I've not checked out the deserts so maybe that is where you travel?

Since your comments about Access I have consulted with four professional programmers and they all stated that for YIO, Access is a good choice. So, yes, it will still use Access.

Good choice... maybe. Best choice... not at all. But since YIO is really designed as a single-user system I would not make a major issue with Access. However there is no way on this planet that you or any of your "professional programmers" are ever going to convince me that Access will successfully scale beyond 7... maybe 10 users. I don't care IF it is rated for 99... it is not going to happen. You can believe all the Microsoft bullshit you want... it is not going to happen.

Access has proved to been trouble free for the thirteen years that I have been using it for YIO. There have never been any glitches or problems with YIO and I have never had any problems when a new version is released.

Access used to be a train-wreck, but it has gotten better. And for small, single user systems on Windows it is an OK choice. It is still prone to corruption, but fortunately the corruption is easy to fix. I would have chosen a different back-end... but then again I would not attempt to bring out a desktop (local) system in this age of web-based systems. I've looked at YIO and it pales in comparison to the Word and Brown AgencyPro system... which is web-based and free if you put some biz through them.

It is so trouble free that I can afford to provide unlimited, toll-free phone support because if I get two phone calls a month for tech support I have received a lot of calls. There is no huge "learning curve" either. Anyone who can use a mouse and keyboard can load it and begin working immediately.

I believe that. I'm sure all the bugs are out. But being based on the desktop the program files and the database are vulnerable to any virus or spyware that the user might catch. This is not to say there aren't vulnerabilities with server-side systems... but in my opinion the risks are not as great if the server-side system is maintained with proper procedures.

I have Mac users using YIO.

What virtualization program is being used? Boot Camp? Parallels? VMWare?

The current version, v4.0, runs on Vista and so will the next upgrade. YIO has run successfully on every version of Windows since Windows 95. We will make sure it will continue to do so.

Well make sure you test your Vista platform well because there are lots of reports of programs that run well under XP that have many issues with Vista.

The next upgrade is not ready for testing yet. However, yes, it will be throughly tested by several successful, producing agents, some with extensive computer backgrounds, who have been using YIO for a number of years.

How many is "several"? Does that mean John, Rick, and Senior? I might suggest that you put the beta out for EVERYONE to test it (even me!) so as to be able to say that when the final is released that it has really been vetted. That's how it is done in the real world. It is how Vista was tested (bad example considering all the problems it still had) how Apple's Leopard was tested and how Adobe tests its products. All you have to do is "cripple" the demo so that it can't print or can only input 10 new clients, etc. Somehow I don't have all the much faith in John, Rick and Senior as the beta testers... but if you do.. than go for it.

To date every new upgrade has been problem free when it was released.

You have never had to put out a second or third release with bug fixes. Wow. That is impressive. That makes YIO's software development process better than Apple, Microsoft, Intuit, Adobe, etc. But I take you at your word as you have no reason to lie.

In a network environment 20 users would be able to access the data. YIO is designed for the independent agent and the small agency, not huge agencies or insurance companies.

Should be? Should be? In your dreams. No way is YIO built on an Access MDB going to adequately scale to 20 users... unless 19 of them are out having a smoke. Let's be realistic and be honest... and say 6 maybe 10. 20 my ass!

We solved the problem with the different operating systems that PDA's have by putting a button on the Main Menu that automatically exports specific client and prospect data as well as the entire calendar and all of the comments in the Comment box to Outlook. Once in Outlook the data will sync to any PDA.

This sounds like you solved a problem that no one had. How many people want to use YIO on a Palm Pilot? I ask because I don't know... but if it were me, I'd keep a clone on a laptop that I travel with and use that. Let me ask this. Assuming someone does that, do you have a mechanism to sync the laptop back to the office network version? Can I venture a guess? NO! And I don't say that to be malicious. It is damn hard to write database sync software... were Joe is on his laptop entering and deleting data and Mary is on the network adding and deleting data. The program to sync everything is a nightmare. It really is. But maybe YIO does it. This is why so many people want to use an internet-based program. The data is in one spot.. no need to sync.

What I mean by "syncing data" is, as soon as the data is exported to Outlook it is automatically updated on my PDA.

By update I assume you mean "replaced." If so, no major magic. But as I aksed before, do you really have a large user base that wants PDF access to YIO? I use a iPhone which lets me access my SugarCRM system on the web since the Safari browser is built in. I hardly ever do... but it's nice to be able to see it when I'm on the road.

YIO is a good program for those who want a desktop based system. But I can't imagine who would. The various web-based or server-side systems out there today... from bare-bones SugarCRM.com to the full-featured Salesforce.com to bare-bones FreeCRM.com to insurance specific AgencyPro. com to the one that Norvax has to several others... simply give the agent far more flexibility than any desktop program can.

The 90s are way over. The net is the thing. YIO is a step backward, not a step forward in my opinion... but my opinion does NOT count for much here so if you are looking for a desktop system, YIO is probably going to do it for you. Buy it, use it, enjoy it.

As for me, I like web-based systems. The desktop is so yesterday.

Al
InsuranceSolutions123 Agency

Al, Al, Al, do you feel better now? I sincerely hope so.

I, and apparently many others, find your feeble attempts to discredit YIO to be quite transparent.

I extended you the courtesy of addressing your comments even though I know you have absolutely no interest in YIO. I will not be extending that courtesy to you in the future.

You have made statements and assumptions, obviously without knowing the facts, that are not true. I have no need to “make things up” about YIO. It will do everything I say it will and a lot more.

YIO is, the best, easiest to use and most affordable CRM specifically designed for Life and Health agents currently available. The agent can have a “turn-key” program that will improve the organization of their data, enable them to maximize their opportunities and allow them more time to do what they do best, sell insurance.

There are other alternatives for those who enjoy, have the time and the knowledge to spend a multitude hours configuring programs.

If any agents on this board want accurate information about YIO my contact information is readily available.

Back