Agency owner is a bully

RobertAAA, I think the vast majority of us here are on your side. I would do the same thing for my kids. Most people want the best for their kids, and while there are definitely some folks that can't cut the umbilical cord, most that take a genuine interest are not helicoptering.

How has the situation evolved, if at all?

Son tells Dad he thinks he is getting ripped off and not paid on policies. That his boss yells at him and makes what seems like unreasonable demands.

So the Dad comes to experts in the industry to get their professional opinion.

Not a helicopter parent at all. Just a good Dad.

Go back to the OP, the kid moved out and got his own place at 18, seems to be killing it with making sales... just getting ripped off by a so called "mentor". Most products of helicopter parents are still living at home at age 25.

I really do appreciate all the insight and suggestions. It really gives us some badly needed perspectives, agency norms and expectations. I'm usually on the other side of this helping small business in their quest to work with the Federal Government. I really enjoy what I do because it helps most vendors immensely. It's an exceptionally good feeling knowing how many decent people chime in here and offer their experience and expertise that's taken decades to accumulate. It's worth a great deal and much appreciated.

There is an industry equivalent to “Battered Wife Syndrome” where the abused is more afraid of leaving and the unknown than continuing in their current bad situation.
Once they finally leave they can never believe they stuck around as long as they did. Many agents go through this early in their careers.
Any chance you could think of an article or blog link where this is discussed? Thanks.

(Please note, I am NOT questioning the comment, rather wanting info.)

Its not just insurance agents. Bosses and managers in many industries can be abusive and create cycles that employees dont realize are toxic and unhealthy. Especially when those employees are brand new to not just an industry, but to the workforce in general. They have no benchmark to go by from both a career perspective and a general workforce perspective.

Latest posts

Back