Agency Websites

Or simple embellishment (AKA BS)

Just curious, if my post was embellished BS, what might your answer have been?

I'm sure the poster would prefer to read your answer to his question, rather than mocking mine.

My post was just a quick 10 minute synopsis of what I would do starting from scratch today, simply trying to save a fellow agent some hard earned money, not meant to be an all inclusive guide.

BTW, I remember discussing websites and SEO with you back in the day, say 2007-08, somewhere around there, on this forum, or old one, you didn't seem to think my answers were BS back then.

I remember discussing websites and SEO with you back in the day, say 2007-08, somewhere around there, on this forum, or old one, you didn't seem to think my answers were BS back then.

Can't say.

You remember things that did not happen.

Such as carriers advertising on the internet in the 80's

There are some solid responses on here. However I think the best point made is "What is the reason for the website?" At least in the beginning. The site that you set up to blog and capture search terms nationally is very different than a typical local agent landing page.

The main costs for a website are:
1. The registrar where you own and often by the domain name. Usually paid yearly.
2 The hosting company where the domain is hosted.
3. IT personnel related costs for setup and maintenance.
4. Potential Software Costs with the website, such as themes, headers, pictures, etc.
5. Additional products such as Raters, Contacts Forms, etc to quote out new policies.

In theory you could do all of the work yourself and opt to use a product such a wordpress and get away with only having Points 1 and 2. In practicality unless you are really into these things its hard for an insurance agency to do it themselves.

You could have a website for probably under a $100 per year, if you did most of the work yourself. Some people/agencies end up paying a service a couple of hundred dollars per month, because they don't know what they are doing.

In my experience, its best to hire for service and to own everything about the website yourself,

So I have been toying around for the past year since I bought the agency trying to get my ranking on google up along with branding my business. I am happy to say that I am now reaping the rewards. More people are applying online on my website. I am getting calls from people who found my company online!! I found that adding as much information and using KEY words on your google business account helps tremendously!

So I have been toying around for the past year since I bought the agency trying to get my ranking on google up along with branding my business. I am happy to say that I am now reaping the rewards. More people are applying online on my website. I am getting calls from people who found my company online!! I found that adding as much information and using KEY words on your google business account helps tremendously!

Awesome, I'm working on mines atm.

Back