Agent’s Guide to Designing an Insurance Website

You are right, I did not say WP was the only way to go. But it is the most popular chassis and is easier to find folks who can upgrade your site than it is to find a code slinger for a build-from-scratch site.

Seems like my WP sites get notifications every few weeks of security updates. The basic theme, not the plugins (which I keep at a minimum). Also my hosting service monitors vulnerabilities and attempted hacks.

Add in Window's updates and Chrome updates which also seem to come weekly that tells me there are a lot of folks out there trying to break in any way they want.

A recruiter that used to be very active on this site has at least one WP site with a free theme that has a number of vulnerabilities including timthumb. No https. It's basically a mess.

Security would be much improved with a paid theme that is actually supported and updated along with a better hosting service

You are right, I did not say WP was the only way to go. But it is the most popular chassis and is easier to find folks who can upgrade your site than it is to find a code slinger for a build-from-scratch site.

Seems like my WP sites get notifications every few weeks of security updates. The basic theme, not the plugins (which I keep at a minimum). Also my hosting service monitors vulnerabilities and attempted hacks.

Add in Window's updates and Chrome updates which also seem to come weekly that tells me there are a lot of folks out there trying to break in any way they want.

A recruiter that used to be very active on this site has at least one WP site with a free theme that has a number of vulnerabilities including timthumb. No https. It's basically a mess.

Security would be much improved with a paid theme that is actually supported and updated along with a better hosting service

I got tired of the constant WP security updates, expired plugins, etc and finally moved my website to Blogger.

Unless things have changed, Blogger doesn't provide for "private" hosting. You are on a shared platform like Wordpress.com.

If I were Jack, I'd be terrified to do this.

A lot of the SEO experts and website design guys are a crap shoot. Unless you know someone who is really legit (and then it could certainly help increase rankings), he should just keep pumping out awesome content and writing apps IMHO.

Yes, Ray. You nailed it! I am terrified to do anything new or different. I am in business today, and I am not changing anything unless I am forced to do so! I am not waking up to find out I am out of business because some marketing yo yo changed things up and promised me nothing would change.

Yes, Ray. You nailed it! I am terrified to do anything new or different. I am in business today, and I am not changing anything unless I am forced to do so! I am not waking up to find out I am out of business because some marketing yo yo changed things up and promised me nothing would change.
How does that old saying go..."If it ain't broke, ............" :yes:

Back