Agent Websites

If you think the actually site matters compare Google's home page to Yahoo.

Google has nothing - zero - except "search." Yahoo is simply fantastic with all this pretty stuff...and they're getting killed.

When you go to Ehealth it's one page - no scrolling and scrolling for useless information. Nice simply "get quotes" button.

I had a quote page that collected all this detailed information. Now I just ask for zip, name, phone and email since nothing else matters to me.

If you think the actually site matters compare Google's home page to Yahoo.

Google has nothing - zero - except "search." Yahoo is simply fantastic with all this pretty stuff...and they're getting killed.

When you go to Ehealth it's one page - no scrolling and scrolling for useless information. Nice simply "get quotes" button.

I had a quote page that collected all this detailed information. Now I just ask for zip, name, phone and email since nothing else matters to me.

The site does matter, fancy stuff does not. Your also referring to Huge Giants that are branded and have the Search Engine rankings, Yahoo's home page has nothing to do with why Yahoo is failing. Way off base on that one.

And I doubt it very seriously if 1-20 agents could explain SEO and how it works, so you could build any website, and unless you really understand SEO the site will go no where, fancy or plain.

True - but I get a lot of traffic from people typing in maryland quotes. I'm 4th ranked and Maryland Health Plans - Insurance Solutions is nothing to talk about.

Type in: independent health agent and my blog is 1st ranked - get a lot of traffic that routes to my IHIAA site. And I don't know anything about SEO.

You are also listed on Page #1 for the term Maryland health plans, I bet you if you attach your Norvax quote engine to this site, you would see better conversion on leads.

Blogs will always cause the spiders to index the site and visit on a regular basis, It blows me away that Senior agents on this forum are still buying shared leads

Last edited:
Build it and they will come.

While you are taking a talking time out, read up on SEO and develop your site.

Or don't. Just keep buying shared leads the rest of your life.

You are also listed on Page #1 for the term Maryland health plans, I bet you if you attach your Norvax quote engine to this site, you would see better conversion on leads.

Blogs will always cause the spiders to index the site and visit on a regular basis, It blows me away that Senior agents on this forum are still buying shared leads

I do have Norvax attached to my marylandquotes site. And I do get decent traffic - know nothing about SEO at all.

I'm probably wrong but I thought the actual site had less to do with the traffic generated these days. Again, not my expertise at all.

It has less to do with the SEO ranking than it used to. However, it is still important. It is still very important unless you have the thousands of backlinks (links on other websites that point to your website) that ehealth and the other giants have.

I started a thread earlier today:
Free tools for agent websites & blogs.

One of the things I mentioned on the thread is an SEO tip-sheet for insurance-focused websites that I'm writing. The information should help an agent get his or her site ranked better.

Currently my home page is ranked #1 on Google for "Connecticut health insurance."

A short primer on SEO probably won't get you to #1, but it should help. Especially if your site has some of the common errors I see on a lot of sites. I've noticed several insurance websites that could improve their rankings with about 15 minutes worth of SEO work.

Last edited:
Back