Agent's Current MGA Requesting Reciprocal Release

tlautry0816

I have an prospective agent that we are trying to get contracted with our agency. The current MGA he's with seems to be giving us the run-around. They are requesting that our agency first send over a reciprocal release to them so that they can sign a statement to release the agent who is currently with them.

Is this correct? Should they be asking us to send over the first document? I was told that his current MGA should be sending us a document. Also, if they are asking for a reciprocal of release from our agency, is that a formal document or can it be a casual request?
Thanks!

Sorry, I requested for the other one to be deleted. My computer was running slow and it sent it in twice.

I hate it when my computer goes ahead and does things on its own without me requesting it. :D

It's very simple, the other MGA is just being a dick. You may have to swallow your pride and kiss his ass to get what you want. Or, tell him to pound sand and have the agent wait the appropriate amount of time so he can move the contract without requiring the MGA's signature.

Back