Need advice from Experienced Agents, regarding my current situation

@FaithfulProducer You got a papercut in this business. You've told us your tale of woe.

Here's the only question that matters now: What are you going to do about it?

Are you just going to lick your wound? Or are you going to get stronger, wiser, and better?

Every producer on here can tell you of unkept promises from people from ALL kinds of companies, carriers, and IMOs. That's usually why most of us are independent producers. We source our own training and we get simple contracts that are easy to know how we are getting paid.

Last edited:
2. I’m one of the few that actually passed the state exam, and they need me.

Um, what?

No offense, but most canines could pass the life & health exams. Not even German Shepherds - I'm talking Cocker Spaniels and Chihuahuas.

It's not like taking the bar exam or something. Is there anyone here who really struggled with them?

I understand P&C is a bit harder because there's a lot more to memorize but..."one of the few"?

The few...the proud...the licensed.

:D Agreed.

Licensing gives the holder the ability to act, sell, and be held accountable to a regulator for their actions.

Licensing is not education. Licensing is nothing. Unfortunately.

CE is also nothing. It's required by regulators and that's how I treat it.

But what do I know? I've only had my license for nearly 20 years, previously passed the Series 7, Series 66, one LUTCF course, 8 ChFC courses, 3 CLU courses... and I'm currently studying to upgrade my RFC designation to the MRFC and planning to attend the CEPA designation week-long course in January.

Frankly, I've learned FAR more in the last 3-4 years than the prior 15 years before that COMBINED.

I'm still learning... 20 years later.

Um, what?

No offense, but most canines could pass the life & health exams. Not even German Shepherds - I'm talking Cocker Spaniels and Chihuahuas.

It's not like taking the bar exam or something. Is there anyone here who really struggled with them?

I understand P&C is a bit harder because there's a lot more to memorize but..."one of the few"?

you never stop learning and a license is a foundation than any fool can build. But not many can build the house. I’m gonna buck it up and build the house, just not with them. I’ll eat the license fees, and everyone is disposable. Why do they need agents? Because there was only one of them trying to cover the entire state. I verified that one. Thanks for the laugh.

This is for the experienced agents. Do you remember the old school cartoon when someone was played for a fool and then got transformed into a sucker?

That's the industry learning curve when served that cold and sweet Kool Aid.

This is for the experienced agents. Do you remember the old school cartoon when someone was played for a fool and then got transformed into a sucker?

No... I think it (unintentionally) starts more like this:

R.4edcb0b3d132cfee64b0f030b6e2daea

Like you have never made a decision you’ve regretted? Give me a break I just wanted some advice, yet here I am getting bullied like this is middle school. I learned the hard a lesson, but that happens in life sometimes. Also those who present as sheep are at times wolves, and that made this situation sting slightly. But you dust off and move on.. Now please act like an adult, and a professional and let’s let this thread end here.

Like you have never made a decision you’ve regretted? Give me a break I just wanted some advice, yet here I am getting bullied like this is middle school. I learned the hard a lesson, but that happens in life sometimes. Also those who present as sheep are at times wolves, and that made this situation sting slightly. But you dust off and move on.. Now please act like an adult, and a professional and let’s let this thread end here.

The comment wasn't meant to be anything personal. It's just your post shows some red flags especially with trust and being new. Many of us have been there and of course we learned things the hard way.

Here's something I learned dealing with IMO's. It isn't their responsibility to tell you everything.. You say they are giving you a hard time about earning. Well what does that tell you about their concern about you and your family.

Your licenses gives you options. As for posting here feel free but have a thick skin because a post can start out calm and then jump off in a whole different direction. Nothing personal.

Back