Agents selling Evercare?

The problem that I see with the Dual & MA folks is that, the individual bears responsibility in making the plans work. They must be responsible to go to the right doctor (Dual Plans) some must switch doctors.

The most important thing they must "remember" is to show their new "Health Care" card. And quit frankly that seems to be way to much responsibility for most of these folks. In general these folks are so accustom to entitlement programs, and OK with everyone else taking care of them (i.e. goverment, social workers, or the manager at the housing facility they live at.) The "responsibility" train for these folks has left the depot years ago. That is if it ever was there. The same people who floated through school, and floated through adulthood seem to stay the same. They just get older.

Most of them don't pay any health care bill's anyway. And have all the benifits they can use anyway.

However, grandmothers will take out life policies on all their grandchildren and eat cat food before they will let the policies lapse. The only kicker is that the agent must go by each month and collect the premium. The few I have known who do that "carry" when they do.

Money is important, quality of life is more important.

The thing about the duel elig market is that is has changed with the Special Needs Plans now offered. There are many seniors in my market that have looked into other options besides Medicaid, because they want better choice of docs and providers.

I agree with the giving something away part, but I explain it like this for MA plans:

When you were working, you paid Medicare taxes or FICA taxes. Now, rather then working for those taxes, they are working for you. So, you have "pre-paid" this plan by paying into the system.

If you are promoting senior products, it is good to have in your bag since you are bound to run into them at some point.

Geez, Frank, you have upset me. Your remarks about the difficulty to give things away if free just burst my balloon. Here I am chomping at the bit to go out and give away zero premium life insurance. Please, please let Ali begin.:swoon::swoon::swoon::D:D:D

Geez, Frank, you have upset me. Your remarks about the difficulty to give things away if free just burst my balloon. Here I am chomping at the bit to go out and give away zero premium life insurance. Please, please let Ali begin.:swoon::swoon::swoon::D:D:D

I'm sure zero premium life will be a lot easier to "give away", especially to strangers.

All of those people knew me, that may have been the problem. :D:nah:

However, grandmothers will take out life policies on all their grandchildren and eat cat food before they will let the policies lapse. The only kicker is that the agent must go by each month and collect the premium. The few I have known who do that "carry" when they do.

Money is important, quality of life is more important.

Frank you are right on… I have ran into that a few times. Every time it has been a Monumental agent that comes around every month to collect the $20 life premium. That always leaves me scratching my head. Even if that $20 dollars was pure commission it is not worth it. But the fact that in this day and age, people are not responsible enough to even mail in premiums.

Whenever I am having a bad day I always think… “Well I could be a captive Monumental agent driving around the inner cities trying to track down people and collecting $20 monthly premiums” That always makes me feel better.

Old lady eating cat food? Frank she is mine, don’t go replacing my policies.

I work most of the State... The Good parts anyways :) I have been a lurker on the board for awhile. I am SOUTH from you, if you are in Fort Wayne? Maybe someday I will be more specific. But I like this board, and I have some very strong opinions about companies and products which I am sure will come up in the future. Also I have no idea who is lurking out there so for those reasons I am going to fly under the radar.
:mask:

Do you work only in Alan county?

I hardly work in Allen county. Too many agents there. I do not live in ft wayne, i just put ft wayne because it id near me. I am also south of ft wayne. I like to work the small towns here.

I hardly work in Allen county. Too many agents there. I do not live in ft wayne, i just put ft wayne because it id near me. I am also south of ft wayne. I like to work the small towns here.

Don't ever let competition slow you down or keep you out of an area. If you are really good at what you do and have the client's best interest in mind you will blow the other agents working an area out of the water.

They are all going to be selling the product that makes them the most money. Not necessarily the one that is in the best interest of the client.

I make a very good living showing prospects that I am the only agent that truly cares about how they invest their premium dollar.

Put me in a home in Missouri where the prospect has a Plan F and I will walk out with a signed app and a check.

Last edited:
Back