Agents selling Evercare?

Seriously, if you ever make it to IN or if I ever make it to Missouri I am hittin you up. I have to retire the computer tonight to make my wife happy. See you all tomorrow. lol

Frank do you work with the Barnes Group out of Columbia? I now they have a big monster captive group to compete with there in MO.

Frank do you work with the Barnes Group out of Columbia? I now they have a big monster captive group to compete with there in MO.

Actually I really don't consider them competition. Their agents sell for whatever company is new in the state until they have their typical "new kid on the block" permium increase. Then they try to move their clients to the "newest kid on the block" who has the "best short time rate".

I have clients who have had some of their agents call on them and they have a totally different approach to selling Med Supps than I do. I have a lot of their former clients.

You've got to love agents who use a "different approach" and push Plan F. I always encourage agents to talk fast and a lot and say Plan F is the "best". LOL

Frank, both of my parents have F - what should they know?

In the mid 90's when Medicare changed the law doctors by the tens of thousands began accepting assignment. In Missouri, between Mike and I, we only know of three doctors who still do not accept assignment.

Plan F pays what is called "excess charges". If a doctor accepts assignment there are no "excess charges". That benefit in Plan F looks good on paper but is of no value if a doctor accepts assignment. Even if a doctor does not accept assignment, he/she is limited by federal law to adding no more than 15% to the amount that Medicare approves. However, if the doctor does not accept assignment Medicare reduces the amount they approve by 5%. That means that the doctor is really only getting about an extra 9.25%. If the doctor accepts assignment Medicare sends the check for their portion to the doctor and so does the insurance company. If the doctor does not accept assignment then Medicare and the insurance company send the check to the patient. Now the doctor has to worry about getting paid by the patient. The majority of doctors accept assignment for that reason.

Also, Plan F does not have "At Home Recovery" and Plan D does. "At Home Recovery" is an annual $1,600 benefit. Although it isn't used very often, it is comforting to know it is there if needed. (I sound like an insurance agent. LOL)

Plan F, at least in Missouri, is priced around $35 to $50 per month more than Plan D and when companies have premium increases Plan F usually gets the highest increase.

The last time Continental Life had an increase, Plan F went up 25% and Plan D only went up 9%.

Plan F pays the Medicare Part B deductible, $131 this year. Plan D does not. However, $131 per year is a lot less than an extra $600 in annual premium for Plan F just to have the insurance company write a check for the Part B deductible.

Back