• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Agents who submit majority of their business towards Transamerica?

Unfortunately, feeling grumpy has more of the effect of a phone call I just had with one of my afternoon appointments: Prospect: “cancel our appointment. We decided we’re just going to save.” Me: “Ok. Thanks for calling.” After hanging up - Me: “that’s fine. I didn’t feel like driving out there anyway. Plus I don’t like you!”
That may have been the best thing in that situation, but I happened to open the paper up to the obituaries today and it seems like the number of people who die before say 70 is higher than you'd expect. It would be harder on the phone, but in person you could say, "Well, I'd better go. We all have to go sometime. Oh by the way, some of the obituaries today were for people who might not have saved much because they went when they didn't expect to go..."

Transamerica is a necessary evil I would say. If you are an experienced agent that manages your money correctly, you could do ok with using Transamerica as your go-to company. If you are a new agent, I would probably hold off on making them my go-to company.

Pros:
Takes a ton of health conditions
Drafts correctly
Takes Direct Express cards (and drafts them correctly)
Paper application without having to do a phone interview (guess this is a con also?)
Name recognition

Cons:
Pays on draft instead of issue (new agents may have to wait 3-4 weeks to get paid in order to buy more leads)
No decision in the house (new agents are not perfect field underwriters initially)
Amendment happy if you make errors (you need to be PERFECT at filling out a 17 page application)
You get different answers each time you call in with a question

I know I am missing something, but at least this gives you an idea. As a new agent, I would have them in my bag for RARE situations. As you get better and actually have money in the bank, you could use them more if you want.

Just my opinion on the situation!

Back