AGLA No More

rousemark

Still Here!
5000 Post Club
Niota, TN
The merger frenzy begins anew. AGLA, American General Life, Delaware, American General Assurance, SunAmerica Life, SunaAmerica Annuity and Life Assurance and Western National Life are all being merger into American General as of the first of the year. I am wondering if the will keep their operations in Brentwood/ Nashville or if they will move everything to Houston? The other thing I wonder about is if they will consolidate products or if the AGLA products will still be sold? Has anybody heard any information on any of this?

Louis, what do you you think this might mean for captive AGLA agents like my daughter?

Last edited:
Louis, what do you you think this might mean for captive AGLA agents like my daughter?

As far as I know, they are going to continue but under the AG name.. I wondered about the Career Service (debit) agents. They have been cutting them back and merging their offices into the Career Sales offices.

I have a friend who is a DM with them. I will see what he has to say when he gets back from the HO meeting.. I think it is next week.. Will let you know.

Where did you hear this? I have a Master Agents contract with them and have not heard anything. Just checked my email, natta. I was expecting changes, just was not sure what or when.

Where did you hear this? I have a Master Agents contract with them and have not heard anything. Just checked my email, natta. I was expecting changes, just was not sure what or when.

Received a letter in the mail over Jim Mallon's signature. Apparently he is going to be top dog in the new company as it was singed, James A. Mallon, President &CEO, American General Life Companies.

The letter was dated OCT 31, 2012.

It really makes no sense to have an AGLA and an American General Corp, both with the same policies, one a career shop, one a brokerage deal. But then, Mutual of Omaha does it, a lot of companies do it. It just seems redundant, especially if a company is merging to save money. I guess they would be trying to save money. Why not save money?

Just got off the phone with my DM. For now there will be no major changes. They expect that products will be merger on a gradual basis as trying to change everything at once will be a train wreck. AG and AGLA each have some products that the other does not offer. They expect some HO operations to be moved but not all. They probably will not remain in the current Brentwood HO but will move to another Nashville area location. The AGLA Career Sales units and the Career Service units will continue to operate as they do now.

Please keep in mind, a lot of this is speculation but is based on a meeting that took place in the HO last week. I have been invited to attend a Career Sales District meeting Friday to learn more.

I do know AGLA is continuing to come out with new products. This week they introduced some new riders for their UL. One is a S&A DI rider that pays a lump sum for a disability that lasts for 30 days and is expected to last at least 90 days. Other elimination periods are available and it is also available as an off the job accident only rider.

BTW: AIG made $2 billion profit last quarter, has completely repaid the US treasury and has reduced the government stake in the co to 16%. Supposedly the US government has made an $18 billion profit on the AIG bailout.

Last edited:
Speak of the devil - I got their recruiting email today: Greetings, we recently sent you an invitation to take a look at AGLA.
We are looking for neighborhood heroes who are driven to succeed. Sales or insurance experience is not required for this role! AGLA provides a world-class training program that prepares associates for success. AGLA assists associates in attaining their insurance license.
Please follow the link below to learn more and then join us in our charge to "Change the Way Americans Think About, Purchase and Use Life Insurance."
Click Here to APPLY NOW
Phil Vaccarello,
General Manager
AGLA
Glad I am through "shopping" companies - they are all like scripts - the only bad one is the one not used - of course it helps to have a good one too -

Back