Allstate Scratch VS. Purchasing BOB

onelove1028

I am looking for some insight weather or not to purchase a BOB or to start a scratch agency with Allstate. Please let me know what you know about this topic, any insight would be greatly appreciated.

I think you should go for all state as you will be able to cover all the states and when you start some thing from scratch then you know the ins and outs of the work you do.

Allstate has a lot of systems in place to support you with software tools, discounts with lead/list services, scripts, etc. Granted you could get "too much" information and resources, but you will have plenty to choose from.

I know agents that are independent, but they don't have these resources. You will expedite your learning curve by having somebody hand you these tools versus developing on your own or maybe you already have them. I know pricing differs wherever you are and have never had any bad experiences with any of the big companies, but on a personal not...I've been with Allstate for years and shop it very year and they're the lowest and best at the same time!

run.....run for the hills. either way you will regret your decision. if you have children and/or a wife that you support and you make EITHER of the decisions you posted....you'd committing a heinous crime by doing anything with Allstate.

they are rotten.

Last edited:
I think you should go for all state as you will be able to cover all the states and when you start some thing from scratch then you know the ins and outs of the work you do.

What in the hell?
How can you cover all states? Pretty sure Allstate doesnt write in EVERY STATE, and you have to get licensed in every state you want to sell,

Not sure how this spambot has 108 posts....

If Allstate writes all states then I guess I only write farmers lol

Nailed it.

To the OPs question, a small BOB that lets you qualify for the new agent bonuses can be a great way to get started and have some revenue coming in. The biggest problem with that is it can be a lot of headache and most Allstate agents think their BOB is worth more than it realistically is. Of course there is the old "it's worth what someone is willing to pay for it" point, which is valid, but unless you can get a screaming deal on it you might be better starting from scratch.

I know agents that are independent, but they don't have these resources. You will expedite your learning curve by having somebody hand you these tools versus developing on your own or maybe you already have them. I know pricing differs wherever you are and have never had any bad experiences with any of the big companies, but on a personal not...I've been with Allstate for years and shop it very year and they're the lowest and best at the same time!
Cory, do you have any business relationship with Allstate as a vendor that people should know about when evaluating your opinion?
Pretty sure Allstate doesnt write in EVERY STATE...
Really?

Looks like Allstate writes auto insurance in all 50 states, as well as Washington, DC.

Auto Insurance Coverages by State - Allstate

moonlightandmargaritas said:
Cory, do you have any business relationship with Allstate as a vendor that people should know about when evaluating your opinion?

Really?

Looks like Allstate writes auto insurance in all 50 states, as well as Washington, DC.

Auto Insurance Coverages by State - Allstate

Allstate doesn't write homes in all 50 states.. that still counts as not every state considering they are a multi-line company.

Back