America's Largest Insurance Association To Disband

Ed, I was told that tmz.com or the tv shows has something bad on you. Are they black mailing you? I have the feeling we might see something on tv about this soon. You might be the next tiger woods or something.

I want to get to the bottom of this. I just find it hard to believe that you would disband the best group I've ever been in.

If we all agree to pay you double membership fees, would you reconsider?

Actually...it's break.com. I stuffed a co-worker's cushion full of powder and when he sat down....WHOOSH!

And yes...it it was not an easy decision to break up the Association. But I am 52 and have been in the business 30 years. Other projects I am working on need more of my attention.

Last edited:
With the preponderance of other useless organizations like IHIAA, the Democratic and Republican Parties, ILIAA, realslowservice.com, the NAACP, roblianodefinesnarcissism.com and the many other proflligate organizations pimped here, it's easy to forget that "The Health Insurance Shop" -- like the Rose Bowl -- is truly the "Granddaddy of Them All".

It's not necessarily the lack of training or support (not to mention dues) that made this group the industry icon that it is - but the tireless support of great causes like Dick Groat's Walk. If ole Dick was still sucking up balls around shortstop, I'm sure he'd be doing it with a tear in his eye.

As Classy Fredddie Blassie once so famously opined, "the imitator is never as good as the emulator."

Let's call a spade a spade; these other worthless organizations are mere poseurs compared with The Health Insurance Shop.

I feel that I can speak for many as I eulogize the "Health Insurance Shop"; you have truly enriched my life in a way that I pray nobody ever does again.

Kudos.

Paul, I tend to agree with you. How can any organization hope to compete with what Chump put together these past 27 years? I can only hope that the ILIAA somehow approaches the prestige of what will now be sadly missed.

No amount of training, discounts and underwriting help can replace those door prizes.

Rick

I can't help but wonder if the association is being forced to disband because of anti-trust laws. Just as the telephone company was deemed a monopoly, an association with 57% of agents being members might have been considered the same thing.

Come on Ed, 'fess up. Were you forced into this decision?

Rick

Anti-trust laws are geared towards protecting consumers and their rights to purchase goods or services that are competitively priced.

Insurance agents are licensed, and for the most part professional. No love, baby. ;)

</IMG>

"A fool finds no pleasure in understanding but delights in airing his own opinions."

[FONT=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] Proverbs 18:2 [/FONT]

With the preponderance of other useless organizations like IHIAA, the Democratic and Republican Parties, ILIAA, realslowservice.com, the NAACP, roblianodefinesnarcissism.com and the many other proflligate organizations pimped here, it's easy to forget that "The Health Insurance Shop" -- like the Rose Bowl -- is truly the "Granddaddy of Them All".

It's not necessarily the lack of training or support (not to mention dues) that made this group the industry icon that it is - but the tireless support of great causes like Dick Groat's Walk. If ole Dick was still sucking up balls around shortstop, I'm sure he'd be doing it with a tear in his eye.

As Classy Fredddie Blassie once so famously opined, "the imitator is never as good as the emulator."

Let's call a spade a spade; these other worthless organizations are mere poseurs compared with The Health Insurance Shop.

I feel that I can speak for many as I eulogize the "Health Insurance Shop"; you have truly enriched my life in a way that I pray nobody ever does again.

Kudos.

This coming from the same person who in competitive spirit (or total insecurity) spit out how much money you made on renewals.

Maybe you're laughing at that now?

:D

"Those so thin-skinned that they've lost the ability to laugh at themselves ought to lighten up a little."

moonlightandmargaritas 1:1

Back