An introduction of myself...

Dave, a little off topic, but an interesting article from the St Pete Times today, about your neck of the woods:

Garcia excused for first weekend of camp

Do you have a booth at the "Garlic Festival"?

I used to work the beer booth for years. Nowadays I pretty much stay in my end of Gilroy and let the Garlic Fest kind of just happen. They use the park where I walk my dogs in the mornings, I was out there yesterday sneaking in the back way and all of the tents are up and all.

We will get the park back mid next week albeit somewhat torn up.

Jeff is always around town. I see him occassionally.

Paul, Garcia did a great job with the "Iggles." I hated to see him leave.

Better than Norm Van Brocklin? Norm Snead? Jaws? Randall Cunningham? (I was at the game at Soldier Field on New Year's Eve in '88 - didn't see a damn thing) Rodney Peete? Ty Detmer?

Yes arn, agreed Jeff Garcia is a quality guy - what is it they say in Philly? "Damn skippy"?

Have you weighed in on Pat's vs. Geno's?

Paul, no it's not the Main Line. It's just north of Philly towards Willow Grove. I do go to South Philly because my oldest (in terms of years on the books) and best clients is in the heart of South Philly. Cheesesteaks are an important part of the culture in the entire area. All persidential candidates make it a point to stop at either Geno's and/or Pat's when stumping for votes. And PA Govenor Ed Rendell is a big fan of cheesesteaks. Take a look at him because it shows on him. Of course, he was the former Mayor of Philadelphia.

I guess I don't "get it". Guess I should step back and take lessons from another 2-week wonder going into the senior market (yeah, those zero premium MAPD are sure hard to sell).

For June, my personal top three carrier IFP production (no staff, no sub agents, just me working out of my home office)...

Anthem Blue Cross............$65,777.24
Blue Shield CA..................$10,769.50
Health Net CA..................$8,737.09

Top 3.............................$85,283.83 submitted in June

For 2008 I will submit about $1.4 million in health insurance premium. For 2009 I intend to cross $2 million.

And the really interesting part is that I was deployed with the Air Force for most of the month of June, so I wasn't even in my office and working, I was overseas. That means June was a slow month for me.

When you write $85,000 in premium in a year come talk to me. I doubt you'll ever write it in month.

Mr. Average :twitchy:

Hello to all!

After approximately 3 months in this industry, I thought I might give an update. With a successful background in sales, I decided to enter the Insurance market, specifically Medicare supplements. (Not zero premium MAPD as the kind gentleman above stated(

Here are my first 3 month figures:
$40,500
$63,000
$99,000 MTD

Figures are rounded down, and not inflated. I post this to show any new guys or gals out there should not give up, surround themselves with like-minded positive influences, and most importantly believe in themselves.

I wish everyone on here success, 2009 is going to be a great year!

And Dave020, I honestly didn't mean to tick you off. The tone of this board seems to be sarcasm so I was just joining in.

Am I part of the crowd yet? :laugh:

Back