And yet another thread about a CRM

MP has been as smooth as butter for me. No problem deleting leads or anything else.

And tons of agents are using it. Many are on here but not posting about it.

You need to reach out to Andrew. Pretty sure there's a simple fix.
Will do. 👍🏻

I was not in charge of the process when my firm was shopping for a CRM, but my partner and I (at the time, the only two producers in the firm) were the focal point when our COO was going through the process. That said, we ended up with SmartOffice. That said, I don't "run" Smart Office, I only use it, access it, etc. -- and even more so, I access files we have on our server/cloud for each client. My assistant "runs" Smart Office operationally. At the time, we did not need leads, cross-selling opportunities, the "traditional" marketing, etc., that a CRM often does. We did need something that allowed customized, personal letters or emails, to be sent to specific clients, specific groups of clients, clients in specific situations, within certain parameters, etc. It worked very well for us over the course of time.

Last year, we decided to consider looking for something new. At the end of the day, the result is that we are currently beta-testing (for an outside vendor/company) an AI focused CRM -- that can, possibly, work stand-alone, by itself, as a CRM; or as a "module" and add on type of situation to Smart Office. I am prohibited from sharing the name of the company, or anything about their product, as of today, because they are working with Smart Office and they have not yet decided if they will work together or how they might work together. However, we had contacted this AI company to look at what they offered, and one of their senior people said they were doing a JV project with Smart Office that was in the exploratory stage, and had run this in-house for about a year. They said they were just about to beta-test it "outside" -- and we decided to volunteer. I consider myself more a "user" and someone who accesses information, data, client data and files, etc., than someone who "administers" and "operates" the CRM.

As a producer, my business model is very simple -- I open and close cases. Everything else in between those two actions, is handled by someone else. That is the "highest and best use" of my time and skills. So, when I am working on a case, I simply need the information I need to do my work. Everyone else's job is to make sure I have simple access to that information. So, they input, download, upload, enter, whatever -- everything -- into client files, and in a form and fashion so that I know where the information I need is. I do not like having to "search" or "go hunting" for information. It needs to be where I want and expect it to be. That's what our CRM must do. Thus, I actually no very little about how to "run" the CRM and "operate" it so to speak.

My CRM is based upon two distinct businesses -- my life business and my investment business. I am not in a specific marketplace (like Medicare) or a specific product (like FE). The reason we decided to look for something new, potentially, is because an IT/management consultant brought an AI based "data capture" and "data organizational" tool to our attention and we needed to decipher if we were to use it, or something like this -- how would we use it and how it could integrate with or replace some of our CRM. And, here we are today!

Excellent thread/topic! Thank you everyone for sharing your insights and perspective!

During my time with NWM, i fell in love with their CRM. It was basic and it did exactly what I was looking for it to do. It took me several years, but I finally came across another basic one, that I really liked.

LACRM

I know there are a millions threads on this, but I am overwhelmed. I'm looking for a good CRM with automation for my sub-agency. Every time I look I see a new one around the corner. There are so many! I'm looking to grow to 10-20 agents.
I've narrowed it down to AgentCRM, Agency Bloc and MedicarePro crm. I need to make a choice soon because AEP is around the corner and I want to be prepared. I'm also offering ACA. I've read on this site that some agents use multiple CRMS'.
One specifically for marketing purposes and another as an actual CRM. I just want one that can do everything efficiently. Please help!!
Getting desperate as I don't want to continue searching and just pick one I'll be happy and satisfied with.

Thanks!
Personally have used too many CRMs , but I do like Salesforce (when it's set up correctly from the beginning) and have used QQ Catalyst (not a huge fan at first, but with the right training and problem solving to triage any issues, it's quick and efficient.)
I'm sure that AgentCRM is a no-brainer for most of us in this market. Seems to be a good choice if that's what you have to use!

Personally have used too many CRMs , but I do like Salesforce (when it's set up correctly from the beginning) and have used QQ Catalyst (not a huge fan at first, but with the right training and problem solving to triage any issues, it's quick and efficient.)
I'm sure that AgentCRM is a no-brainer for most of us in this market. Seems to be a good choice if that's what you have to use!

Thanks for your post. I never tried SalesForce, but have heard so much about it. A friend of mine signed up, paid $15,000 -- and after 3 months had to request a refund. It never got completely up and running, and they were never able to send out any emails, consolidate records, files, etc., and I was surprised because I heard such good things about it. I am sure this was the exception and not the norm.

Thanks for your post. I never tried SalesForce, but have heard so much about it. A friend of mine signed up, paid $15,000 -- and after 3 months had to request a refund. It never got completely up and running, and they were never able to send out any emails, consolidate records, files, etc., and I was surprised because I heard such good things about it. I am sure this was the exception and not the norm.
If you use Salesforce, you basically have to train and pay someone to manage it and set it up for what you need. It's an amazing tool but most businesses are not large enough to tame it. We use it and we probably use 5% of what it's capable of doing.

If you use Salesforce, you basically have to train and pay someone to manage it and set it up for what you need. It's an amazing tool but most businesses are not large enough to tame it. We use it and we probably use 5% of what it's capable of doing.

I hear you. My friend has a staff of 5 in addition to 2 junior associate/para-planners (who only write business for him). He had his main assistant take the training, learn the system, etc. In the end, it didn't work out because SF claimed some of their tech didn't mesh with some of the tech that one of his carriers had him using (some STP system for e-applications and e-underwriting). I have no idea what they were talking about, LOL.

But, I know exactly what you are saying. Very powerful indeed. He does about $4mm in annual premium and his AUM business is about $500m, so I think the size was there, and everyone seemed to think SF was a good fit for him. Even when they rolled it out and it was allegedly up and running, he was still only using a fraction of it's capability. It just didn't work out.

Everyone has their own opinions on the best CRM out there. It comes down to what you need it to do. If you’re into manufacturing, you might want to check out acumatica erp for manufacturing. It’s pretty solid for handling all those manufacturing processes and keeping everything in line. I’ve found it helps manage inventory and streamline operations. Of course, many options exist, so it’s worth doing some homework to see what fits your needs best.

Last edited:
Back