Annuity Telemarketing Appointments

britguy55

Has anyone used Marketing Annuities a supposed telemarketing operation out of Marina Del Rey, CA? I'm getting bad vibes about them. Their sales manager is Neil Mitchell but it turns out that this is an alias, his real name is Neil Berlinsky. Any input would be appreciates.

Give us some additional information about why you're getting bad vibes. Figuring out the sales manager goes by an alias can't be a good sign.

They operate from cell phones and personal (aol and gmail) email, I ran 2 appointments and both 'prospects' said they got a call but emphatically did not make appointments. They supposedly have a 35 person call center but I contacted the leasing agent at their 'office building' and was told they are not a tenant and the suite number they list on their address does not exist.

Let me guess.

They found you by spam email or fax.
You paid via money order/cashiers check/wire transfer.
Offer sounded like a can't miss.

Actually, no. I googled annuity telemarketing and their info showed up on the first page. Also, they made no promises about instant business and said it can take time for them to develop appointments. My concern arose after the poor quality of the 2 leads I ran. And also no to wire/cashiers check etc.

Well you just bumped their ranking on Google...search for annuity telemarketing and you now get this thread.

So you paid via credit card?

So what ever happened with this? Are they legit or not?

If you are really desperate just send me $200 and I'll give you a couple of addresses and made up appointments for you...I'll also ignore your calls once you have paid me. The good news is it will probably be cheaper and less time consuming to just give me your cash than to try these guys.

When you're investigating any business for legitimacy one of the first things you want to do is run a state business entity search:

Business Search - Business Entities - Business Programs

If they don't show up on a search:

A) They are not a licensed business
B) They are not a licensed business in that state

In either case, call them as ask for their business license number or the state in which they are domiciled so you can run a search.

Back