Another MA article.

problem #1--Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Massachusetts, focused her remarks on upcoding, a practice where insurance companies will assign an inaccurate billing code to a beneficiary’s sticker price, which increases the sum the government will pay insurance companies
This is why carriers were so eager a few years ago to send out the Visiting Nurse to find all the problems with the clients health. It wasn't to make them healthy, rather to make them more money.

problem #2--denial of care is a real thing-UHC MAPD uses computer programs to determine if they will approve a procedure. I filed an appeal to keep my Mom in the Hospital longer, but they still "won" when they denied her admission into rehab at a chosen facility...on their list...and instead forced her to go to a lower rated facility with lots of complaints. She was there 20 days and so was I-visiting her. She had a DR visit her once. Her strict dietary rules were totally ignored. They had only 1 day that an activities director came to the facility. There was a board with a calendar of activities-only one actually occurred. 80% of nurses were from a registry. Her room wasn't cleaned at all for 7 days. I could go on and on.

Back