Another MOJO Dialer Question...

I always crack up on these threads. Everyone wants to sell big systems, when most people want a one agent system.

I'll let you in on a secret... its what I do to solve this very problem. Now, don't tell anyone else though because it will ruin a lot of peoples dialer sales.

Go to hostvirtual.com Sign up for a virtual server. With one agent, you can get by for $9.99 a month, but I would spring for 1 step up, $14.99 a month. This will easily handle 1 agent, dialing on 3 lines, perhaps more, never tried. Provision the server with goautodial (it automatically installs it on your server).

Go to vitelity.com, setup an account to use with your vicidial system (goautodial). You are off and running.

Total cost, if you don't use it, is $14.95 a month. Then add the 1.2cents per minute for connect time when you are dialing (figure $10 a week or less for most single agents) and for around $50 a month, you have a fully hosted dialing system.

It's not that hard.

I will say, for straight cold calling for a single agent, mojo is a much cleaner system. Its much easier to operate, simpler to grasp, less tinkering under the hood. But most of us probably only dial 20-30 hours a month (if that), which makes it expensive.

Dan

Get an account with vitelity.com for you

And you could pay for a box, and just own it, and avoid that 15$ a month fee. Vicidial hates virtual enviornments. If you try over 4 lines, it is very likely to crash the box. If you use more than 1 concurrent agent, even an offline agent, it is very likely to crash the box.

A 120$ box from compusa, burn the disk, follow the tutorial, and you have a physical server... but you have to config it.

Or pay me to send you one preconfigured correctly, so you don't have to do that step. Massive increase in voice quality.

I agree with you on all that cept for the idea that most agents will be capable of setting vicidial up properly on their own, when it gets into the "settings" part. It's tricky to say the least, and there is a lot of wrong that can happen, even if you read the entire manual.

Goautodial is easier to set up than the stock vicibox, if they're preinstalling the trunking there it might actually be a good solution if you never plan to add another agent and you don't mind the quality issues caused by running in a virtual environment.

Again, I said this was a decent solution when looking for 1 agent. A slightly different config is needed for more agents, I agree.

Only a few hosting companies setup virtual environments that work for any sort of PBX system. The only 2 I know of that do this well are lylix.net and hostvirtual. Other virtual environments have failed pretty quickly.

Personally, I'd rather pay the $15 a month and have it hosted than pay the electric bill and bandwidth to have it local, but that is me. Either way works, if you have the bandwidth locally to make it work. It is also a much harder configuration to have the system nat'd than to have it outside, but once that config is done, it doesn't matter.

I completely agree, vicidial is a bear to config correctly. It's not really setup for a single agent, though it can work this way. The straight install is a bit of a security nightmare, etc, etc. If you are going to use it, you have to learn to deal with that.

Dan

Bandwidth requirement for 1 agent is less than the lowest possible DSL line you can get for internet.

1 agent takes less than 50 kps.

You can actually do 400:1 outbound for a press 1 campaign on a 5x5.

I don't disagree with you on most of that, the only thing I wouldn't want to do is the virtual envrionment because vicidial has some issues with stability and call quality set up that way, AND if you figure the cost its worth buying a box at a yard sale or pawn shop, a crap p4 box with 512 megs of ram could do 1 agent. You probably have a broken computer in your closet that can run vicidial effectively for 1 agent.

If you're going to run virtual anyway, why not get virtualbox and install it in a vbware box inside your primary computer, and avoid the latency of the transmission to the box before it transmits to the trunk? You also wouldn't have to worry about someone else on the box crashing it.

Save you 15 bucks a month, just copy the settings from the working goautodial install on the one you have set up already into a virtualbox install inside your machine, or use vicibox instead (more stable in general) inside a virtualbox.

Since you already have a working install, all you need to do is copy the settings.

I could probably make a short video showing how to do that, virtualbox is pretty easy.

We went so far as to try to setup vicidial in the actual AM2 cloud instances that amazon does, I wanted to be able to offer no monthly at all along with a .02 per minute cost on 4 line, but the damn thing gets unstable over 3 lines and I considered it unacceptable. If I could do it that way, we could spawn instances on the fly and there would be no monthly at all.

You'd need to use over 2500 minutes in a month to break even on the 15 dollar server expense, and if you didn't use it you wouldn't have to worry about that.

I also have a concept idea about how to cluster multiple agents on cloud installs in separate servers without crashing the system, IF I could get the am2 or ubuntu cloud installs to act how I wanted.

I'm with you man, I think most people doing dialers are out to screw agents.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Trick with virtualbox setup is that virtualbox needs access to the physical system, you can't just run it in software mode.

Last edited:
I always crack up on these threads. Everyone wants to sell big systems, when most people want a one agent system.

I'll let you in on a secret... its what I do to solve this very problem. Now, don't tell anyone else though because it will ruin a lot of peoples dialer sales.

Go to hostvirtual.com Sign up for a virtual server. With one agent, you can get by for $9.99 a month, but I would spring for 1 step up, $14.99 a month. This will easily handle 1 agent, dialing on 3 lines, perhaps more, never tried. Provision the server with goautodial (it automatically installs it on your server).

Go to vitelity.com, setup an account to use with your vicidial system (goautodial). You are off and running.

Total cost, if you don't use it, is $14.95 a month. Then add the 1.2cents per minute for connect time when you are dialing (figure $10 a week or less for most single agents) and for around $50 a month, you have a fully hosted dialing system.

It's not that hard.

I will say, for straight cold calling for a single agent, mojo is a much cleaner system. Its much easier to operate, simpler to grasp, less tinkering under the hood. But most of us probably only dial 20-30 hours a month (if that), which makes it expensive.

Dan

Get an account with vitelity.com for you

How difficult is it to set up a system with a cloud server with goautodial and vitelity for a person that has had some basic experience with web hosting and web design?

Can you use a landline to dial in this kind of system?

How difficult is it to set up a system with a cloud server with goautodial and vitelity for a person that has had some basic experience with web hosting and web design?

You can use a landline, you're better off using a softphone.

These systems are their own flavor of interesting. If you want to try it then I think you should just go for it, but its going to be tough. Figuring out how to use the system can be almost as much fun as setting it up.

Cloud server integration with goautodial or any other VICIDIAL system will have issues related to timing. Lag time of calls will be a pain and cause a lot of issues.

A dedicated server works best with more than 1 call person. They are really designed for 5+ phone agents per dial campaign.

PoundTeam.com offers a lot of insight on the difficulties and you will see that they are the ones that answer the board questions from the VICIDIAL Forum

Josh/Twilight,
Thanks for your feedbacks. It seems the complexity is way beyond my geekiness. I really just need a simple single agent dialer setup like Mojo and Salesdialer but my problem is that I can't install Firefox (of which SD is required) or Mojo on my company's computer.

I am considering to bring my laptop and use either Mojo or SD over a 3G connection. Do you think the latency of 3G connection will delay the syncronization of contact profile on the screen and dialing?

Josh/Twilight,
Thanks for your feedbacks. It seems the complexity is way beyond my geekiness. I really just need a simple single agent dialer setup like Mojo and Salesdialer but my problem is that I can't install Firefox (of which SD is required) or Mojo on my company's computer.

I am considering to bring my laptop and use either Mojo or SD over a 3G connection. Do you think the latency of 3G connection will delay the syncronization of contact profile on the screen and dialing?

3g/4g is not recommended for Mojo/Salesdialer or any VOIP connection for Prospecting.

Wired internet is best. Wifi is OK. it is all about the QOS (quality of service) and traffic on the internet connection you have.

Back