Another MOJO Dialer Question...

Josh/Twilight,
Thanks for your feedbacks. It seems the complexity is way beyond my geekiness. I really just need a simple single agent dialer setup like Mojo and Salesdialer but my problem is that I can't install Firefox (of which SD is required) or Mojo on my company's computer.

I am considering to bring my laptop and use either Mojo or SD over a 3G connection. Do you think the latency of 3G connection will delay the syncronization of contact profile on the screen and dialing?

Like TwiLight said, 3g isn't ideal. It's doable, but you're going to have some sporadic issues.

You should be able to use any browser (though firefox is ideal with Chrome being a close second).

Can you just plug the company ethernet into your laptop?

The biggest problem you'll have with a weaker internet connection is the audio quality, not the synchronization of the contact on the screen.

If you use a cellular data network for the screens, but use an actual voiceline for the call, it will work.

I would recommend at least a 4g connection though, with 4GLTE being far superior (if you have LTE in your area).

Dan

Like TwiLight said, 3g isn't ideal. It's doable, but you're going to have some sporadic issues.

You should be able to use any browser (though firefox is ideal with Chrome being a close second).

Can you just plug the company ethernet into your laptop?

The biggest problem you'll have with a weaker internet connection is the audio quality, not the synchronization of the contact on the screen.

Doesn't Salesdialer only work on Firefox and Chrome?

I am going to dial in to the server with company's voip line. The company's ethernet has firewall so it won't work with the laptop.

I just tried callfire today for about an hour. It definitely increased my contact but 70% of the time I couldn't hear the first hello. It also does not let you use an alternative number (cell/work). Does Mojo or SD have that option?

Thanks for all of your response.

Doesn't Salesdialer only work on Firefox and Chrome?

Most dialers will work with any browser, they're just more stable with Firefox or Chrome.

I am going to dial in to the server with company's voip line. The company's ethernet has firewall so it won't work with the laptop.

Depends on how that firewall is setup and what it's blocking. It might be worth trying.

I just tried callfire today for about an hour. It definitely increased my contact but 70% of the time I couldn't hear the first hello. It also does not let you use an alternative number (cell/work). Does Mojo or SD have that option?

The problem with hearing the first hello shouldn't happen.

I'm not sure abou the finer points of either Mojo or SD, but with my dialer you can definitely have it call through alternate numbers. If you wanted to see if it would patch through your companies firewall. Usually it depends on what is initiating the connection. It's not uncommon for a firewall to allow the voip connection to be initiated from inside the network and connect to the outside network. I can get you a temporary login you could use to see if it would patch through.

Josh said:
Do you really think it's fair to say that?

You might very well be right about the browser.

Why wouldn't it be fair to say that? I believe they have or had a banner across the top of the dialer that said it didn't work with chrome.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Never mind I see what you quoted.... Haha

Last edited:
Why wouldn't it be fair to say that? I believe they have or had a banner across the top of the dialer that said it didn't work with chrome.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Never mind I see what you quoted.... Haha

Exactly. Although I do have my own dialer I'm selling now that I'm thrilled about, I really do believe SalesDialers.com offers a good product at a fair price. I did have to misquote you though, in light of the last few weeks I thought it was pretty funny.

Josh said:
Exactly. Although I do have my own dialer I'm selling now that I'm thrilled about, I really do believe SalesDialers.com offers a good product at a fair price. I did have to misquote you though, in light of the last few weeks I thought it was pretty funny.

I heard your dialer has a fair price also. :):)

Back