Another New Guy with Questions!

mbaliya

OK I just git my NY License a few weeks ago and now I have run into issues that I need advice on. First issue is I am EXTREMELY limited on funding..Ok im broke...Not knowing where to start I went to Craigslist and wound up with NAA. After a week or so I knew that team building and 83 emails telling me how great the company is per day is not for me. Next Securus came into the picture. They seem less Rah RAh but still focus on team building. My goals are to sell Final Expense and Medicade Supps. Right now im trying to contract with Berwick for supps and maybe Oxford for FE. ALSO NY is a big issue because alot of carriers dont work there...I live right on the PA border so ill just get my PA license. QUESTION am I looking at decent companies? SHould i consider the captive companies i talked to like Canseco? Im just so confused..I just want to sell insurance. Im not all that interested in the multi-marketing scheme...thanks any advice would be great

Oxford is o.k. I don't know anything about Berwick. I would definitely do the PA thing. Avoid Conseco and NAA.

Yea Im learning NY is a bust. Im interested in Berwick because i can do Independent Health in NY which is supposedly strong. Plus berwick SAYS they do very well in NY with Mutual of Omaha. Again I have no real proof of any of this! LOL I just know im not all that interested in doing the team building thing even though I know there is more money in it. I just feel I want to LEARN and sell for a bit before I recruit people. SO next week I have to choose between E&O or PA license. Due to finances i can only do one per week! LOL BOY THIS IS TAKING FOREVER!

Yea Im learning NY is a bust. Im interested in Berwick because i can do Independent Health in NY which is supposedly strong. Plus berwick SAYS they do very well in NY with Mutual of Omaha. Again I have no real proof of any of this! LOL I just know im not all that interested in doing the team building thing even though I know there is more money in it. I just feel I want to LEARN and sell for a bit before I recruit people. SO next week I have to choose between E&O or PA license. Due to finances i can only do one per week! LOL BOY THIS IS TAKING FOREVER!

Speaking from personal experience, NY is not a bust. You can do much better than MoO. You're on the right track as far as personal development. Learn the business first.

First issue is I am EXTREMELY limited on funding..Ok im broke

Being broke with limited funding how are you going to fund your marketing efforts to reach these FE and Medicare prospects?

What marketing efforts are you going to implement to reach these prospects?

The reason I ask is that with direct mail costing you at a minimum of $400/1000, unless you hook up with Monumental's direct mail deal, for a broke guy you better be awesome at working leads.

mbaliya said:
OK I just git my NY License a few weeks ago and now I have run into issues that I need advice on. First issue is I am EXTREMELY limited on funding..Ok im broke...Not knowing where to start I went to Craigslist and wound up with NAA. After a week or so I knew that team building and 83 emails telling me how great the company is per day is not for me. Next Securus came into the picture. They seem less Rah RAh but still focus on team building. My goals are to sell Final Expense and Medicade Supps. Right now im trying to contract with Berwick for supps and maybe Oxford for FE. ALSO NY is a big issue because alot of carriers dont work there...I live right on the PA border so ill just get my PA license. QUESTION am I looking at decent companies? SHould i consider the captive companies i talked to like Canseco? Im just so confused..I just want to sell insurance. Im not all that interested in the multi-marketing scheme...thanks any advice would be great

Why don't u give PMAUSA ( Washington National ) a buzz! There a great company to work for. Let me know if u decide to call, and how it goes. I know ur pain. I started just about 6 six weeks ago. Its hard trying to find the right nitch that fits you!

Back