Another New Guy with Questions!

CAL you go ahead and answer him when he answers what a pompous ass is...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
This is the worst board ive ever seen in regard to treatment of new people..Here is a clue to all you hotshots that like to belittle the new people. Just because you have a few bucks in your pocket doesnt give you a right to treat another man with disrespect..There are a few that have treated me nicely and you know who you are. But ive watched you people disrespect myself and CAL...I dont care what you have in your bank account Im a grown ass man and I wont be treated like that by anyone.

Last edited:
Actually I very well know the difference I just made a mistake. i have an ex that wont work and is her 30s and lives off of the great medical insurance she gets from medicaid. And I aced the medicare A,B and D questions on the test! LOL BElieve me i want to do exactly wht you are saying and hook up with someone local, the problem is finding them...
You're first thought about NAA seems to be spot on...at least according what I too have read.

There are some pros and cons to being captive vers independent. With a captive company you're commissions will be quite low, you will get field training, there will most likely be a cost for the leads. I would be very causious of anyone offering you free leads. There probably quite old or already worked hard. Going independent from the begining can be done with the right group. Your commissions will be higher than with a captive company, field training may or may not be available, and there will be a cost for leads.

There is always going to be a cost when you're just starting out, but once you start selling you'll make back your investment 10 fold...if you stick with it and keep an open mind learning everything you can.

mbaliya said:
This is the worst board ive ever seen in regard to treatment of new people..Here is a clue to all you hotshots that like to belittle the new people. Just because you have a few bucks in your pocket doesnt give you a right to treat another man with disrespect..There are a few that have treated me nicely and you know who you are. But ive watched you people disrespect myself and CAL...I dont care what you have in your bank account Im a grown ass man and I wont be treated like that by anyone.

Seriously? You received plenty of good answers to your question and now you are gonna cry about a few of us having fun? You won't last long without a sense if humor....

Actually I very well know the difference I just made a mistake. i have an ex that wont work and is her 30s and lives off of the great medical insurance she gets from medicaid. And I aced the medicare A,B and D questions on the test! LOL BElieve me i want to do exactly wht you are saying and hook up with someone local, the problem is finding them...
And you know what else? I knew this list was kind of judgemental but really im looking for solid advice and Im getting smug answers about a common mistake in spelling of 2 words that look very much alike...Im starting to think i may have been a bit hasty tossing NAA and securus aside after reading all the bad things said about them on this forum. Maybe they are ok to start with. Not everyone that comes on here has 1000 dollars in their pocket to buy leads. NAA was going to give me 90 day leads for free to cut my teeth on. Instead I listened to the negativity here and blew them off

NAA is not all bad. It depends on what you are looking for. NAA was great for me. I was with a group that was very good with training new agents. The founder of NAA, Phillip Hudgens, is the best insurance salesman I've ever been around.

Is it a place to make a career? No, not in my opinion, but to get going on a limited budget and learn the ropes it can be very good.

Getting with the arong organization within NAA is pretty bad but that's true of almost every IMO.

I am an ass because I think that certain standards of punctuation and grammar should be followed in public discourse? Standards that have been observed for centuries but which a generation of near illiterates wants to overthrow and change to no rules and no accountability.

You were asked for advice and opinion and you were given those. You didn't like what you heard and you posted this.

.........Im starting to think i may have been a bit hasty tossing NAA and securus aside after reading all the bad things said about them on this forum. Maybe they are ok to start with. Not everyone that comes on here has 1000 dollars in their pocket to buy leads. NAA was going to give me 90 day leads for free to cut my teeth on. Instead I listened to the negativity here and blew them off..........

Don't come here asking for advice and then blow off the things you are told and don't want to hear. I will let the the participants on this forum judge as to who the ass is.

Last edited:
There have been 3 or 4 people that gave me great advice that i will follow. I posted my regret about NAA AFTER I was reading some of the unkind responses that CAL was getting. From what I could tell as of last night he had not had ONE question answered, just some petty correction on his penmanship..AT THAT point I had to rethink why I chose to latch on to the bitterness people seem to have for certain companies...SO im only getting 55% to start? I know that! When im in the position to buy my own leads and have some sales in my pocket ill start getting the 100% type deals..I just took the bitterness as something NAA did but have now found out (with exceptions) you guys are bitter anyway. If correcting a guys spelling that is asking for help in numerous threads is how you operate....

They are just mad we are going to take their clients sooner or later with a better plan:yes:

That's not really going to happen while working for NAA. Aceept the training of NAA and then move on to a better deal.

Thanks for the advice.

Get NAA to train me..Get a couple bucks in my pocket..Then leave.

Hmmm that might be hard to do if im making good $ and getting cheap leads.

Idk im still strategizing a game plan for my career..

But then i look at a past post on this thread and it says "NAA is a bad choice to go to if you want to start a career". :skeptical:

Back