Anthem Kroger Partnership

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield will team up with Kroger to launch co-branded Medicare Advantage plans that aim to address members' social needs.

Eligible members in these plans will receive stipends to purchase healthy food as well as health and wellness items at Kroger stores. Health Groceries Cards will offer up to $100 per month for food, and members will receive a quarterly allowance to purchase over-the-counter health items.

In addition, Kroger's 2,200 pharmacies are now in Anthem's preferred network, which should help further reduce out-of-pocket costs, the insurer said.
A look at Anthem, Kroger's new co-branded Medicare Advantage plans

Good thing I won't have to compete with this . . .

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield will team up with Kroger to launch co-branded Medicare Advantage plans that aim to address members' social needs.

Eligible members in these plans will receive stipends to purchase healthy food as well as health and wellness items at Kroger stores. Health Groceries Cards will offer up to $100 per month for food, and members will receive a quarterly allowance to purchase over-the-counter health items.

In addition, Kroger's 2,200 pharmacies are now in Anthem's preferred network, which should help further reduce out-of-pocket costs, the insurer said.

Why will you not? Being offered in GA.. Or were you being sarcastic?

It's only in a few counties.

For now . . .

but . . . Anthem operates in these states.

California, Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Maine, Missouri, Nevada, New Hampshire, New York, Ohio, Virginia and Wisconsin

Probably a test to see how well it works before rolling out in other states . . . or not.

These plans will be available in select counties in four states for 2022: Ohio, Kentucky, Georgia and Virginia. Though, these markets are "just the beginning" for the program,

Terry Kath on lead guitar . . . probably the best EVER

Why will you not? Being offered in GA.. Or were you being sarcastic?

I don't write ANY MAPD plans.

Truth, not sarcasm.

Last edited:
For now . . .

California, Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Maine, Missouri, Nevada, New Hampshire, New York, Ohio, Virginia and Wisconsin

Probably a test to see how well it works before rolling out in other states . . . or not.

These plans will be available in select counties in four states for 2022: Ohio, Kentucky, Georgia and Virginia. Though, these markets are "just the beginning" for the program,

Truth, not sarcasm.

Love early Chicago, They got too mellow after Terry was gone.

For now . . .

Truth, not sarcasm.

I realize that but will they not be able to draw off soem of your supp clients with all those new "super duper" benefits?

Idk about that. I moved 3 people off of Supps in my market today alone. I get DM leads from carrier partners who drop them to people with Med Supps who have their PDP, and the response rates are higher than they’ve ever been.

It’s a joke . It’s an HMO and Anthems network in Ga atrocious for mapd . They don’t have Piedmont. Thats death in the Atlanta area. Their so desperate their giving $100 for health assessments . United’s the king of all kings in mapd . Nobody’s near them in customer satisfaction . Super hard to replace their mapd. I just flip to another united plan thats better.

I realize that but will they not be able to draw off soem of your supp clients with all those new "super duper" benefits?

Doubt it.

My folks are loyal. They even call or email and ask about these "new" plans that don't cost anything. Can't see them moving for $100 in groceries.

Most of my folks don't live in metro and shop at Ingles or Piggly Wiggly (if they are still around).

The sick ones definitely won't leave. It will cost them too much OOP to change and might have to pick new docs

Idk about that. I moved 3 people off of Supps in my market today alone. I get DM leads from carrier partners who drop them to people with Med Supps who have their PDP, and the response rates are higher than they’ve ever been.

Since 2010 when I shifted to the Medicare side, I have lost about a dozen folks to MAPD. A few even reach out later and want to come back.

Had one email earlier today. He now has cirrhosis and a couple of other things that KO him from getting a Medigap. I told him to learn to love his MAPD plan.

Too many agents have transactional relationships and don't really appreciate client loyalty. Perhaps you are one of those, I don't know.

My business relationships have always been solid and based on information provided and never letting them down. That is the way I have done business for 46 years and it has served me well.

I see no reason to change now just because one of my carriers has a shiny new bauble in their bag.

Back