Anthem Kroger Partnership

There’s always going to be idiots who want Advantage plans.

Then there’s those who know what it looks like when you get sick. Quote of the day. New group client who asked if I could help with her moms “supplement”.

Me: “Sure! Do you have access to the card? Does it have a code in the right hand corner or say Plan F/G on it?”

Client: “I’m a social worker at a hospital. It’s Plan F. I know what happens to people on those Advantage Plans, I wouldn’t let my mother near one of those!”

There’s always going to be idiots who want Advantage plans.

Then there’s those who know what it looks like when you get sick. Quote of the day. New group client who asked if I could help with her moms “supplement”.

Me: “Sure! Do you have access to the card? Does it have a code in the right hand corner or say Plan F/G on it?”

Client: “I’m a social worker at a hospital. It’s Plan F. I know what happens to people on those Advantage Plans, I wouldn’t let my mother near one of those!”

By “idiots” you mean 40 percent of Medicare beneficiaries and rapidly growing? The penetration for advantage in my area is 65.2 percent. Why? Because they can do math.

For example, Many of the MOOP’s for MAPD’s in my area are very close to the total a client would pay regardless if they were to buy a MedSupp, PDP, dental, and vision. Premium is $0 and many carriers have national networks. Many PPO’s even have the same cost in and out of network.

Advantage isn’t just here to stay because everyone except you is an “***”. But apparently everyone except you has a calculator.

Doubt it.

My folks are loyal. They even call or email and ask about these "new" plans that don't cost anything. Can't see them moving for $100 in groceries.

Most of my folks don't live in metro and shop at Ingles or Piggly Wiggly (if they are still around).

The sick ones definitely won't leave. It will cost them too much OOP to change and might have to pick new docs

Since 2010 when I shifted to the Medicare side, I have lost about a dozen folks to MAPD. A few even reach out later and want to come back.

Had one email earlier today. He now has cirrhosis and a couple of other things that KO him from getting a Medigap. I told him to learn to love his MAPD plan.

Too many agents have transactional relationships and don't really appreciate client loyalty. Perhaps you are one of those, I don't know.

My business relationships have always been solid and based on information provided and never letting them down. That is the way I have done business for 46 years and it has served me well.

I see no reason to change now just because one of my carriers has a shiny new bauble in their bag.

Idk any clients who are more loyal to their insurance agents than they are to their families. They trust me because I educate them on what their options are, and they don’t feel shoved any which way when I do.

Advantage isn’t just here to stay because everyone except you is an “***”. But apparently everyone except you has a calculator.

That is a transactional sale based on dollars and cents.

I guess the folks that call me with questions, because they don't understand how their coverage works, must own calculators and that's how they make their choice.

Low premium wins and nothing else matters.

That is a transactional sale based on dollars and cents.

I guess the folks that call me with questions, because they don't understand how their coverage works, must own calculators and that's how they make their choice.

Low premium wins and nothing else matters.

When I do my Medicare 101 presentation, I don’t even mention $0 premiums. I’m very clear on what all the costs are and will be, and they pick advantage. I’m with a people who’s incomes in many cases do not support a medsupp that increases every year and all the bells and whistles attached if they want to get their drugs or see a dentist. Routinely I sit in appointments where the client gets upset when I bring up supplements because that has been all people are willing to sell to him and he already knows he doesn’t want it.

With MOOP’s that are $2800 to $3200 on advantage plans, I would be irresponsible not to show them the math.

The proofs in the pudding . It might Joe Namath or Jimmy Walker causing it .Mapd is growing like crazy and will overtake med sup in 5-7 yrs .10 yrs from now a med sup only agent will be in trouble as his pool of prospects is shrinking . Had a husband/wife referral call me 2 weeks ago . They had moo plan F for 10 yrs or so . Combined paying $700 plus a month or so . Showed them a good mapd with $0/$30 dr and no rx deductible . Attached a $300 a day hospital policy and $5 k cancer policy on it for $95 a month combined . I explained everything about mapd . They wanted it .

The proofs in the pudding . It might Joe Namath or Jimmy Walker causing it .Mapd is growing like crazy and will overtake med sup in 5-7 yrs .10 yrs from now a med sup only agent will be in trouble as his pool of prospects is shrinking . Had a husband/wife referral call me 2 weeks ago . They had moo plan F for 10 yrs or so . Combined paying $700 plus a month or so . Showed them a good mapd with $0/$30 dr and no rx deductible . Attached a $300 a day hospital policy and $5 k cancer policy on it for $95 a month combined . I explained everything about mapd . They wanted it .
Who are you using to Fill The Gaps?

Who are you using to Fill The Gaps?

51+kelcUwvL._AC_SY550_.jpg

Look. If you (or a client) wants 14-21 days in a SNF with 88 minutes a day of therapy vs 100 days with 144 minutes a day of therapy, then buy a MAPD.

Advantage plans are great when you are healthy. Not so much when you need them

Back