Anthem says if client doesn’t want to be recorded stop and continue

DonP

Guru
1000 Post Club
Anthem interprets cms rule different . They say if client doesn’t want to be recorded stop the recording and continue enrollment.

From Anthem,

Many brokers and agencies are already taking advantage of established Call Recording capabilities. Several quoting and enrollment platforms have added call recording, storage, and retrieval capabilities. Brokers also have access to a variety of mobile phone-based apps that can record and store calls.

Helpful Reminders
  • ALL calls with prospects and current members must be recorded and stored in a HIPAA compliant manner for 10 years. You must be able to provide call recordings related to specific beneficiary interactions upon request.
  • Face to face virtual interactions on platforms like Zoom do not need to be recorded.
  • If the prospect or member does not want to be recorded, you should stop the recording, but you can continue the call.

From Anthem,

Many brokers and agencies are already taking advantage of established Call Recording capabilities. Several quoting and enrollment platforms have added call recording, storage, and retrieval capabilities. Brokers also have access to a variety of mobile phone-based apps that can record and store calls.

Helpful Reminders
  • ALL calls with prospects and current members must be recorded and stored in a HIPAA compliant manner for 10 years. You must be able to provide call recordings related to specific beneficiary interactions upon request.
  • Face to face virtual interactions on platforms like Zoom do not need to be recorded.
  • If the prospect or member does not want to be recorded, you should stop the recording, but you can continue the call.

So, that does that mean we really don't have to record calls??! We can just say my client didn't wish to be recorded! :biggrin::D

So, that does that mean we really don't have to record calls??! We can just say my client didn't wish to be recorded! :biggrin::D

Thats one company . But every other carrier and cms says you must end the call and can’t continue enrollment . Plus you must have them on the recording saying they don’t want to be recorded . We know few will say I don’t want to be recorded unless you the agent prompt them to say that . . That means you answer the phone initially and tell them what to say . You call them back on recorded line . “ I’m going to be recording this is that ok ? Coached from you they say no .
A complaint comes in 6 months down the line . He told me to say don’t record it . It’s a huge cluster crap . But cms could give a crap as all the works on the CO’s

Thats one company . But every other carrier and cms says you must end the call and can’t continue enrollment . Plus you must have them on the recording saying they don’t want to be recorded . We know few will say I don’t want to be recorded unless you the agent prompt them to say that . . That means you answer the phone initially and tell them what to say . You call them back on recorded line . “ I’m going to be recording this is that ok ? Coached from you they say no .
A complaint comes in 6 months down the line . He told me to say don’t record it . It’s a huge cluster crap . But cms could give a crap as all the works on the CO’s
Is coaching them compliant?

You never answered my question. Why can't you use MedicareCenter for face to face if you do it with email and NOT text?

Back