Any advice on buying quality leads?

And at the door the lead says "we just took some out last week and we ain't changing nothing". Then what?

I do agree with you that the agent has a lot of influence on if there is a sale or not, as long as there is a realistic need or want and just a little disposable income. Doesn't matter if the lead is 2 minutes old or 2 years old.
Well, if they say that, I say, “That’s great! What company did you take it out with?” If they say, “Senior Life”, I look real concerned and say, “Oh, man. We need to talk. Got a minute?” ;)

(Sorry, couldn’t resist!)

Seriously, though, I really do try to find out what they took out. Sure, some will just say, “none of your business” and shut the door. But if they get a sense that you might have something better to offer, most are open to hearing more, as long as you don’t act like a smug jerk.

Last edited:
And at the door the lead says "we just took some out last week and we ain't changing nothing". Then what?

Your talking to a guy who cold knocks... maybe you didn't know that?

OPTION #1
"...and we ain't changing nothing", (I'll dance a little to see why so quick to shut me down, I've been at this a few years.) then I'll say something like this, "We'll thanks so much for letting me know, I have a bunch of other folks to see." (Pull out the next card and off you go.)

OPTION #2
"...and we ain't changing nothing", (I'll dance a little to see why so quick to shut me down, I've been at this a few years.) then I'll say something like this, "We'll thanks so much for letting me know, and the house next to you, do you know their name?"

I cut my teeth on door 2 door cancer sales.

A lead card is just an opportunity to arrive at a door with a name, interest in something, and their own hand writing to prove it. That's all. It isn't an invitation to come in and it's not a promise to buy. The agent has the job of getting across the thresh hold, or finding the thresh hold he can get across.

Leads get better as agents become more capable and proficient in their profession, because they become better at dealing with people.

Well, if they say that, I say, “That’s great! What company did you take it out with? If they say, “Senior Life”, I look real concerned and say, “Oh, man. We need to talk. Got a minute?” ;)

"Your agent was he as good looking and me?"

"Oh, you've never seen him? Was he calling from one of those over seas call centers?"

"Oh, you must have been sold one of those Senior Life plans. Did they give you the state regulated expensive one or the generic national cheap ones?"

Then I pull out my quick quoter and show them a number and they say, "Come on in." :biggrin:

I've been replacing phone sales as of late. As a mater of fact, I appreciate all the ground breaking the phone guys do for me. Makes my job easier. So much easier. ;)

To be honest with you its just best to generate your own, because buying them from quote wizard and all those other vendors haven't really worked for me that well

I've never bought leads myself. Though you can usually source them pretty quickly with Facebook ads. Have you ever considered running those?

"Your agent was he as good looking and me?"

"Oh, you've never seen him? Was he calling from one of those over seas call centers?"

"Oh, you must have been sold one of those Senior Life plans. Did they give you the state regulated expensive one or the generic national cheap ones?"

Then I pull out my quick quoter and show them a number and they say, "Come on in." :biggrin:

I've been replacing phone sales as of late. As a mater of fact, I appreciate all the ground breaking the phone guys do for me. Makes my job easier. So much easier. ;)

50% of the people don’t know what they have .So what you do when they say there paying $25 a month for $20 k whole life ?You Pull out your quoter and know it’s bs . I hit with my what’s happened to a few clients spouses who insisted they had coverage over the last yr . They were accidental policy’s

I've never bought leads myself. Though you can usually source them pretty quickly with Facebook ads. Have you ever considered running those?
But thats not the answer to the problem...

The problem is theres a limited amount of people actually ready to buy insurance at the end of the day.

It's the sales process we need to master guys. 30% of people dont wanna hear the word insurance

30% of people don't think they're interested

30% of people are indifferent

7% of people are open to it

3% are ready to buy

A consumer requests a qote 3 months before they actually get closed. The best thing you can do is cold prospect and build your business the traditional route.

But thats not the answer to the problem...

The problem is theres a limited amount of people actually ready to buy insurance at the end of the day.

It's the sales process we need to master guys. 30% of people dont wanna hear the word insurance

30% of people don't think they're interested

30% of people are indifferent

7% of people are open to it

3% are ready to buy

A consumer requests a qote 3 months before they actually get closed. The best thing you can do is cold prospect and build your business the traditional route.

After chasing 97% of those garbage leads - I prefer to only talk to that 3% that are "ready to buy" now (they're what I call a prospect not a lead)...if you value your time then that's the only way to run your business.

YES - you will have these prospects calling you directly...

Last edited:
Back