Any DI Available at Age 63?

dgoldenz

Virginia
Have a client, age 63, plans on working at least 10 more years, self-employed. Any companies that will write LTD at his age? I know Guardian won't...

Yes it would, but who is the other employee? Some carriers require 3 employees if family.

If there are at least 10 employees, and the employer wants to pay for the benefit, mutli-life products are an option, you'll find a product at most of the major DI carriers.

Ditto on the group policy. Check out Union Central, I think they will give full benefits up to age 70 on a noncan basis under a group setting. They like to have 3 lives min for a group but will make exceptions, especially for a larger policy.

On an individual basis, Peterson Int. will cover him, but its not cheap.

Guardian Life Insurance Company of America has one of the Best DI sales Agents Located at their orlando office Myles T ...
this is a good rule of thumb my job is DI insurance i write and teach agents all over with my private website hope this Helps: What to know before applying for Income protection disability insurance
What will the insurance company usually ask for? Insurance companies will ask you for the following questions listed below:
· Financials
Financial requirements
· Two year financial returns, Bonus (if you’ve received a bonus for at least two years), Net worth, and pension and profit sharing plans.
· Motor vehicle record
· Medical record
· Occupation / business status
Employee: 1040 form and or W-2 or payroll stub up to date earnings.
Joint returns: 1040 form and W-2
Sole proprietor/ independent contractor: 1040 form with schedules
Partnership: 1040 & 1065 from with all schedules.
C Corporation: 1040/1120 form W-2 and schedules.
S corporation: 1040/1120S forms and W-2 plus schedules.
Limited liability company, (LLC) (LLP):1040/1065 forms and W-2.
· Physical exam
Includes the following: Age, paramedical exam, urine, blood, EKG, and inspection report.
Good news is that most insurance companies work closely with medical professionals and you can schedule your exam to be done by a medical professional at home your office on the beach where ever you wish , you might even be able to pick the date and time.

Please note this is subjected to change and or require more documents depending on the company’s preference and or needs.

General disqualification criteria

· Age over 60
· Occupation
· Motor vehicle record
DUI
Reckless driving in the past five years
Moving violations in the past three years
· Claim history
Filed a claim for disability

· High blood pressure
Use of blood pressure medication.
· Cholesterol levels to high
Use of cholesterol lowering medication is acceptable, but must be within normal parameters. Threshold levels: 220 a cholesterol to HDL ratio of 3.0 or lower may be used to offset other lipid evaluations and allow for consideration
· Height / Weight
Example: this is for male and female\
Height 5’7’’ Weight maximum 180lbs
· Tobacco use
Any use of tobacco in any form in the last twelve months
· History: past, present and family.
Any history of: Drug or alcohol abuse or dependency
Cancer, mental or nervous disorder, diabetes, Disease of the heart, kidneys, liver, lungs, cardiovascular and pulmonary system.
Any deaths of a parent prior to age 60 due to a disease.
Please note: if you fall under any of these categories you still may be eligible to qualify for income protection disability insurance.

If this website would let me put a link up i could direct you where to go!!!

Back