Any experience with AHCP??

What is AHCP policy on releasing an agents appointment should the agent decide to go direct? Is it in WRITING?

Who owns the business AHCP or the Writing Agent?

I would assume with advances floating out there, they need to protect themselves. I would assume an outfit like this would put everything in writing?

I have never heard anything bad about AHCP, which means they obviously have a niche and do something right.

I definitely didn't mean to ruffle any feathers... I guess I was just a bit turned off when I called in for the first time and some young gal was yelling accross the room at her supervisor in order to obtain info on my account. I was not even contracted directly through them, there was a middle man, and this middle man never gave me any info about my appointment with them (not even my commission level). So now that I'm a new Indy I want to secure my own GR contract and I need to find out if I can break away from this AHCP contract that the middle man put me with.... I have not even written one policy with them..

I definitely didn't mean to ruffle any feathers... I guess I was just a bit turned off when I called in for the first time and some young gal was yelling accross the room at her supervisor in order to obtain info on my account.

So because she yelled acrossed the room you feel that there not a reliable/good company? What else have you experienced to make you feel this way? B/c it looks like your just upset about much of nothing. Every company has a bad apple doesn't mean the company is bad. If they're offering you a good contract and support who cares if she yelled you're getting a 9 month adv at 20% versus you going direct AE at 20%. Expect to deal with imcompentents in this business whether it be other agents, GA's or the carriers themselves...get used to it. Remember your an INDEPENDENT Agent and its exactly what it means.

So because she yelled acrossed the room you feel that there not a reliable/good company? What else have you experienced to make you feel this way? B/c it looks like your just upset about much of nothing. Every company has a bad apple doesn't mean the company is bad. If they're offering you a good contract and support who cares if she yelled you're getting a 9 month adv at 20% versus you going direct AE at 20%. Expect to deal with imcompentents in this business whether it be other agents, GA's or the carriers themselves...get used to it. Remember your an INDEPENDENT Agent and its exactly what it means.

This was my first impression of a company who is providing me with customer service... Yeah...I guess the unprofessionalism bothered me a bit.... Thank you for writing out independent in all caps......that really helped in driving home your point....:nah:

Wow, I'm surprised at your verascity.

Do you have something to gain? Are you in bed with them (i.e. - they are one of your "approved vendors")?

Where's your buddy Gary Prado been? Haven't seen him around the forum...

My association has nothing to do with AHCP - they are not one of our affiliates.

Just on my end it's interesting to bash the name of a company with a "my friend" story when this friend has no name and story cannot be verified.

Posting that this friend got screwed out of every commission really does harm AHCP - agents can read that post and decide not to join.

So again, we don't have anything to do with them. I just find it odd that you're willing to trash someone's name with zero proof.

My association has nothing to do with AHCP - they are not one of our affiliates.

Just on my end it's interesting to bash the name of a company with a "my friend" story when this friend has no name and story cannot be verified.

Posting that this friend got screwed out of every commission really does harm AHCP - agents can read that post and decide not to join.

So again, we don't have anything to do with them. I just find it odd that you're willing to trash someone's name with zero proof.

Thanks for the clarification.

You may want to go back and re-read more carefully.

Nobody said "screwed out of". It was "screwed up". Big difference.

I have no opinion, one way or the other. All I was doing is passing along info gleaned from someone on this forum whom I've had contact with.

No "bashing" intended. Just info. Readers can take it for what it's worth. That's exactly why I identified how I heard it.

This was my first impression of a company who is providing me with customer service... Yeah...I guess the unprofessionalism bothered me a bit.... Thank you for writing out independent in all caps......that really helped in driving home your point....:nah:

You're not a customer of a AHCP or any other GA. You do not purchase any goods or services from them. Their job is to provide you with contracts and support. Every GA would be considered a "joke" if all of us didn't like someone in their operation based on 1 experience.

Caps was for emphasis...I was simply stating the obvious no harm intended.

</IMG>

Thanks for the clarification.

You may want to go back and re-read more carefully.

Nobody said "screwed out of". It was "screwed up". Big difference.

I have no opinion, one way or the other. All I was doing is passing along info gleaned from someone on this forum whom I've had contact with.

No "bashing" intended. Just info. Readers can take it for what it's worth. That's exactly why I identified how I heard it.

Well I certaily hope that forum members reading "I have a friend" story realize that it's 100% worthless information.

It's bad enough this forum has turned into a bash-fest with personal experiences. Fine. Now we're at the negativity level where it's "my friend got screwed."

I won't mix it up with you. I don't want one of your friends to have been screwed by the IHIAA.

My experience with AHCP (a few years ago) was not impressive. They were trying to recruit me. Made some verbal promises about moving me to a higher scale based on production. Failed to put it in writing despite several requests. The initial paper work did not include a commission scale. When I asked, they provided me with a lower one than initially agreed upon.

Could not get phone calls returned, or issues resolved.

I finally moved on.

As indicated earlier, this probably has more to do with the GA than AHCP, but it did leave a bad taste.

And I agree with Sam.

We are indeed a client of the carrier, IMO, GA, etc. When they fail to understand that we are a client they lose the ability to earn my business.

Coventry just showed me what a pathetic carrier they are with a recent issue. Just another in a long line of FUBAR's.

Well, I can only speak to personal experience as well. No contract or commission issues - online statements issued before commissions are paid - great service.

As soon as GR decides they'd like to match with I can get through an agency I'll think about going direct again. Right now I see zero reasons to go direct - almost zero service, same commissions.

Actually, GR is worse - 15% for the 1st 12 apps - AHCP is 20% from the get go. Release? Go ask GR for a release if an agency makes a better offer and see what they say.

GR direct is a broken system. Sad to say about Assurant's rates but they are a model for what going direct should be.

Back