Any experience with AHCP??

I am an agency owner and I have a team of over 20 writing agents. I am pretty familiar with AHCP and their practices. Here is why me and my agents steered clear of them from the beginning and how are easily able to convince others that we have a much better place for them to put their busienss.

1) We did not wish to pay interest on our weekly advances (12% a year).
2) We did not wish to have months 10-12 earnings and all renewals added into my debit balance pool. Those should be paid separately.
3) We did not wish to be placed under a multi-tiered management system of DP, EVP, RSM, RVPs, and so on.
4) AHCP contracts do not protect managers from Division President and other uplines. In fact the contracts in play could very much hurt managers in multiply ways, should they chose to leave AHCP.
5) AHCP has a reputation of not being able to get along with National recognized carriers, such as Assurant, GTL, Humana and American Community.
6) They ride a fine line between allowing the mangers to control their team, and trying to control the managers teams directly. In other words, they market and promote directly to the standard agent, and not through the distribution channel (i.e. if AHCP suddenly picks up a new carrier, they immediately market that carrier directly to the agent, which creates a conflict with managers- as they had that carrier long before ACHP did)

7) AHCP brags about being #1 - but they are not. This is marketing ploy to lure agents in and lock them into contracts they will not release them from (unless they don't write 6 months, AND they don't have a debit balance)

Ultimately, their only real carrier of value has been Golden Rule. If they ever ran into a problem with GR, like they have with other carriers in the past, their revenues would plummet and they would be left with only one major med player...World. We all know that World is hit and miss. Who else is there? American National? Come on....

In addition, AHCP is bound to their shareholders. In this current economy, it doesn't take much to sink a publicly traded penny stock company.

I will be surprised if they are not sold off, bought out or closed down within the next year. If not, then they will probably turn the corner of becoming a captive organization...with lots of hype and glamor - but in the end, will only destroy them and turn them into another horrible reputation company.

I am an agency owner and I have a team of over 20 writing agents. I am pretty familiar with AHCP and their practices.

Ultimately, their only real carrier of value has been Golden Rule. If they ever ran into a problem with GR, like they have with other carriers in the past, their revenues would plummet and they would be left with only one major med player...World. We all know that World is hit and miss. Who else is there? American National? Come on....

In addition, AHCP is bound to their shareholders. In this current economy, it doesn't take much to sink a publicly traded penny stock company.

I will be surprised if they are not sold off, bought out or closed down within the next year. If not, then they will probably turn the corner of becoming a captive organization...with lots of hype and glamor - but in the end, will only destroy them and turn them into another horrible reputation company.

A very interesting post, indeed.

I believe I heard that they "merged" with some other entity within the last couple of weeks?

A very interesting post, indeed.

I believe I heard that they "merged" with some other entity within the last couple of weeks?

Does anyone have any other info on them? Since some of my HCO contracts are written thru AHCP, I am interested in finding out about them more
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Does anyone have any other info on them? Since some of my HCO contracts are written thru AHCP, I am interested in finding out about them more

Sorry, I went back and read some more and have found my own answers...thanks!:idea:

Last edited:
You guys who write for AHCP notice anything new as of late?

I'm interested if any new offerings or commission structure is being speculated on or implemented. Do they seem to be putting more focus on getting more agents selling again?

My guess is the dental plan and discount cards will see some changes or expansion because of who now owns them.

I have not heard anything from the company as to specifics on their plans to better this division. Things seem to be leveling out revenue wise, so wondering where we will see growth. It looks from this forum that alot of agents have moved to Health Choice One, but since AHCP still gets commish through them it is not a total wash. My hope is maybe they work together in some fashion? HCO seems like the up and up agency with many more products, so there should be room there.

Just putting some stuff out there, hearing from you experts helps me in my investment strategy. This division represents about 1/3 of total revenues for Access Plans, so it is very important.

AHCP has gone through some very significant developments and they are a stable lifeboat in this sea of change that is healthcare reform. For more information contact me at my office and I help you assess whether the program is right for your business.

[FONT=Arial","sans-serif]Sincerely,[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman","serif]David Taxer[/FONT]
AHCP Sales Manager
Pacific ProsperityGroup
[FONT=Times New Roman","serif]1-888-244-2805[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman","serif]503-828-1970 Direct& Voicemail[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman","serif]503-433-1950 Fax[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman","serif][email protected][/FONT]
www.pacificprosperitygroup.com

I have had a very BAD experience with AHCP. I signed with them 8 years ago. Didn't write any business. Forgot about the contract, then ACA came around I wrote a lot of business this year. I then learned all my commissions were going through them and they are stealing 20% of my hard earned commissions. I have no use for them, I do everything on my own. And since I have to make a living selling Aetna and United HealthOne I am perpetually handcuffed to those bastards. They won't release me unless I go 6 months writing no business.

Back