Any Life Insurance Agents in SW Ohio in Here

haugman

Expert
Anyone in this room a life insurance agent in the Southwest Ohio region? I would like to bounce some ideas off of you as far as marketing and prospecting goes. The bulk of my business is final expense insurance but i would like to venture out in term insurance as well.

Well start with the basics who do you work for ? What areas do you usually work in? What products etc.

I work for me... compelety Indep for life and health products. Licensed in 7 or so states, but usually only work 2. Primarily phone sales, term life and final expense products. Represent pretty much all the companies that have worthy products.

Ok what are some of the objections you hear with final expense and how do you overcome them for the sale?

What I hear and what you hear are likely two different story lines. I am working telephone only... do not have the luxury of sitting before them and baffling them with BS, and building rapport. I have got to gain their trust on the telephone while providing them some valued info.. and even still, it is a low percentage play. They either have interest, or they do not... I try to only speak with those that show interest... and then the objections could become the same from there... Objections are cost, just shopping, or a smokescreen of excuses because you haven't demonstrated enough knowledge or lowering defenses. Often times it is health conditions that might keep them from qualifying that ends the call... when the guaranteed issue or graded benefit plan is either not affordable or suitable for their hopes and desires.

Where you may have 20 leads in a week, I might have 75, which may turn into 20 or 30 presentations. You are lucky if your 20 leads turns into 10 presentations, just guessing, and then you can close 2 or 3 of those. Maybe 15% of my presentations result in a sale, but the lower percentage of a higher number of appts results in more sales in total... therein lies the beauty of phone sales.

Back