Anybody Have Experience with Unique Writers

So the saga continues. Evidently its time for me to chime in here since all this fuss is over me. Brad and I thought everything was settled yesterday but Mike over at UW must have had his fingers crossed behind his back about my 5 Star transfer. As it turns out my contract with 5 Star was terminated last week (more on that shortly). So the folks at UW knew this whole time that we were negotiating over something that wasn't going to happen. He knew last week that my contract had been terminated and pretended not to know. Perhaps he wanted to make me look like a simpleton...job well done. But I dare say that the damage to his credibility and the reputation of his company is only just beginning.

So if you are a new agent thinking about joining UW you should think long and hard about the folks at the top and how they have treated me. FYI I was with them for 18 months and was one of thier top producers in FE. Now I'm not claiming to have been THE best producer but suffice it to say my name was almost always on the weekly hoorah calls. So if this is how they treat a solid producer that had a long relationship with them - how will they treat you?

Now about getting fired from 5 Star

I reached put to the VP at 5 Star today about some logistical matters in moving my contract only to receive a short email response stating that my contract had been terminated last week. You are probably thinking it was for bad business or persistency right? Wrong. As it turns out the folks at 5 Star do read this forum and were PISSED over the thread I started titled "Oh How I (Used To) Love 5 Star". I guess the moral to the story is to either be more creative with your forum username or only use this forum as a tool to sing the praises of 5 Star.

Rick with Topgunproducers is big on anonymity and I agree with him. This is due to incidents like this or like when the SF poster (I don't remember his name but he was one sharp cookie) who wound up having to delete all his posts and withdrew from the forum because evidently some SF brass got a hold of his posts and didn't like the fact that he was telling the truth. We have had Sam threatened with lawsuits on at least a couple of occasions.

That's the BS that ticks me off with companies like 5Star, but is unfortunately true with most companies with sales forces in all industries.

If you guys think this forum is a huge resource to the agent, imagine if a motivated FE product designer decided to focus group 10-20 of us agents.

They could literally have the PERFECT product designed for what top agents are looking for.

Rick with Topgunproducers is big on anonymity and I agree with him. This is due to incidents like this or like when the SF poster (I don't remember his name but he was one sharp cookie) who wound up having to delete all his posts and withdrew from the forum because evidently some SF brass got a hold of his posts and didn't like the fact that he was telling the truth. We have had Sam threatened with lawsuits on at least a couple of occasions.

That's the BS that ticks me off with companies like 5Star, but is unfortunately true with most companies with sales forces in all industries.

If you guys think this forum is a huge resource to the agent, imagine if a motivated FE product designer decided to focus group 10-20 of us agents.

They could literally have the PERFECT product designed for what top agents are looking for.

You are absolutely right. It really shows you in what regard these executives hold us agents. I believe they view us as nothing more than a necessary evil.

Well that was a big freaking waste of time and energy. I would put my future kids lives on the fact that had i known they were just going to terminate you i wouldnt have spent my time trying to get you released. I seriously doubt Mike knew otherwise i doubt he would have had the attitude he did when i went to him with all of this.

In that brief email 5 Star sent you did they say PS- Mike knew last week at the end of the email? Please dont take this as me trying to talk you out of being mad. I think you have every right to be, i just feel like its pointed in the wrong direction at this point. im just curious what gives you the impression he knew. I know Mike well enough to know he wouldnt have jumped through the hoops had he known. I know no matter what i say im just going to come off as im defending UW but even from an agents perspective which i have been for 15 years, i really cant see how releasing 4 out of 5 of your contracts except for the one that you owed money on was doing you wrong.

Also I keep getting these stupid emails that notify me when some one posts on here, anyone know how to turn that off because being on here is exhausting, kudos to all of you that are actively on here. Matt feel free to direct your anger toward UW, nothing will change that at this point. If you were an agent that i worked with i would suggest calling, not emailing 5 star and ask them to reconsider and see if there is anything that you can do on your end to repair the relationship. Regardless of what you may believe i am sorry. I did try to help.

If it makes you feel any better i was once terminated (from a carrier i will not name) simply for being related to my uncle who they terminated for writing up a client they said he had no business writing up. This was about 7 years ago but that one stuck with me.

----------

This is Mike, president of Unique Writers. Sadly, Mr. Biallas and his rants are sorely mistaken. I have sent him an email that shows I sent the request for his release PRIOR to getting a response back from 5 Star saying they terminated him due to some very negative threads he was putting on Insurance forums. Hopefully Matt is man enough to come back on here and apologize for his incorrect assumptions. We treated Matt fairly and appreciated the production he did send our way but in the end he only felt loyalty to "5 more points" or "$5 less per lead". I am not a fan of the arms race and believe through 25 years experience there is so much more to this business than "more points" or "cheaper leads". I know many agents that make well over 6 figures and have producing down line agents and are very happy in a family atmosphere. I also know many agents that pushed their way into their perceived "nirvana" of 120 point contracts only to wash out of the business within a year. Would you rather make $150,000 a year on a 100% contract or $50,000 a year on a 120? Ultimately that choice is yours as an independent agent and I respect it as well as wish you all the best in your career. Regardless of which path you choose, I hope you are all wise enough to know that if you call out an insurance carrier in a negative way you are just asking to be terminated....BY THEM! Lastly, for what it's worth, to the best of my knowledge as of today, Matt still hasn't paid off the debt. Now you know "the rest of the story". It's too bad that the majority of the posts are negative in nature rather than a "sharing" of sales ideas that yield great success. It would be cool if 90 plus percent of the posts were agents sharing success with other agents. I fully expect most responses to my post to be negative in nature, such is our business all too often these days. Sorry for the length of this but it will be my only post. Best to all of you! Mike

I received a voicemail today from Mike at UW and he tells me that he had no advance notification that I was terminated by 5 Star. Looks like we had a big discussion/argument over something that the management at 5 Star had already squashed.

----------

Well that was a big freaking waste of time and energy. I would put my future kids lives on the fact that had i known they were just going to terminate you i wouldnt have spent my time trying to get you released. I seriously doubt Mike knew otherwise i doubt he would have had the attitude he did when i went to him with all of this.

In that brief email 5 Star sent you did they say PS- Mike knew last week at the end of the email? Please dont take this as me trying to talk you out of being mad. I think you have every right to be, i just feel like its pointed in the wrong direction at this point. im just curious what gives you the impression he knew. I know Mike well enough to know he wouldnt have jumped through the hoops had he known. I know no matter what i say im just going to come off as im defending UW but even from an agents perspective which i have been for 15 years, i really cant see how releasing 4 out of 5 of your contracts except for the one that you owed money on was doing you wrong.

Also I keep getting these stupid emails that notify me when some one posts on here, anyone know how to turn that off because being on here is exhausting, kudos to all of you that are actively on here. Matt feel free to direct your anger toward UW, nothing will change that at this point. If you were an agent that i worked with i would suggest calling, not emailing 5 star and ask them to reconsider and see if there is anything that you can do on your end to repair the relationship. Regardless of what you may believe i am sorry. I did try to help.

If it makes you feel any better i was once terminated (from a carrier i will not name) simply for being related to my uncle who they terminated for writing up a client they said he had no business writing up. This was about 7 years ago but that one stuck with me.

----------

This is Mike, president of Unique Writers. Sadly, Mr. Biallas and his rants are sorely mistaken. I have sent him an email that shows I sent the request for his release PRIOR to getting a response back from 5 Star saying they terminated him due to some very negative threads he was putting on Insurance forums. Hopefully Matt is man enough to come back on here and apologize for his incorrect assumptions. We treated Matt fairly and appreciated the production he did send our way but in the end he only felt loyalty to "5 more points" or "$5 less per lead". I am not a fan of the arms race and believe through 25 years experience there is so much more to this business than "more points" or "cheaper leads". I know many agents that make well over 6 figures and have producing down line agents and are very happy in a family atmosphere. I also know many agents that pushed their way into their perceived "nirvana" of 120 point contracts only to wash out of the business within a year. Would you rather make $150,000 a year on a 100% contract or $50,000 a year on a 120? Ultimately that choice is yours as an independent agent and I respect it as well as wish you all the best in your career. Regardless of which path you choose, I hope you are all wise enough to know that if you call out an insurance carrier in a negative way you are just asking to be terminated....BY THEM! Lastly, for what it's worth, to the best of my knowledge as of today, Matt still hasn't paid off the debt. Now you know "the rest of the story". It's too bad that the majority of the posts are negative in nature rather than a "sharing" of sales ideas that yield great success. It would be cool if 90 plus percent of the posts were agents sharing success with other agents. I fully expect most responses to my post to be negative in nature, such is our business all too often these days. Sorry for the length of this but it will be my only post. Best to all of you! Mike

Wow. This is how his majesty responds. What a gentleman.

Back