Anybody Know Anything About This?

Discussion in 'Senior Insurance Forum' started by axeman462, Aug 23, 2017.

1. axeman462

axeman462 Guru

State:
    Florida
    Someone emailed on of my agents, that appears to be from 'Optum' but is somehow affiliated with 'Golden Outlook' (which according to the email is an 'Optum company' (and Optum is a UHC company)) and is also affiliated with Direct Health.com, is offering my agent , at no cost, a Wal Mart location to work this AEP.

I am waiting for a response from the guy, just wondering if anyone knows what the deal is? Or if they have gotten a similar email?

2. adjusterjack

adjusterjack Guru

State:
    Arizona
  3. axeman462

axeman462 Guru

State:
    Florida
    well that is certainly interesting.

It sounds like they are an FMO, he just responded to me:

"Hi David
    You don't have to contract with us. We would like to be your fmo but that's a discuss for another time. After AEP. This is a gesture of good faith nothing more. No requirements other then work the store"

4. adjusterjack

adjusterjack Guru

State:
    Arizona
    Next thing you know, you'll be able to buy insurance at the Circle K out of a machine that's right next to the lottery ticket machine.

5. isaias

isaias Expert

State:
    Texas
    Golden Outlook is my FMO, and they are a decent outfit. It is owned in part by Optum, so we work closely with UHC and Wellmed. But we are independent agents so we aren't limited to selling only UHC.

They'll pay for the store, but you have to commit to the 20 hrs a week that Walmart requires. You have to be appointed by at least 3 carriers, and commit to work all of AEP. Don't know about this year, but last year you also had to commit to work the ACA AEP.

I guess there aren't enough agents interested in the deal if they are going outside the group. The Walmart deal is also offered by other FMOs.

6. Todd King

Todd King Guru

State:
    Virginia
    How have you done working the stores? Get many enrollments? Was it worth your time?

7. isaias

isaias Expert

State:
    Texas
    Overall, for me it was a waste of time. Something that I won't do again.

As a new agent with nobody to talk to, it was ok. My first year FMO set me up with a Kroger, and a local outlet/discount mall. Second year they set me up with a Walmart. From Walmart and Kroger I can count the number of enrollments in one hand. The mall was different, a good source of sales.

Sitting in the same location 20 hrs a week is not something I want or need to do again.

8. Labesky

Labesky Super Genius

Worked a UHC booth in high traffic suburban grocery store like five days and four hours each. WASTE OF TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do NOT understand working PDPs. I do them when I have to with a Supp but--whats the commission $20?

9. Todd King

Todd King Guru

State:
    Virginia

These are the answers I was expecting. I'm still trying to find that agent out there that did well at it. I've searched for years and still haven't found one!

10. somarco

somarco Guru

State:
    Georgia
    Todd searching for an honest man . . .

[​IMG]