Anybody Using a Standing Desk?

Are any of you using a standing desk? If so, which one and how do you like it? I've been considering one of these two options.

Standing Desks | VARIDESK®

or

Kangaroo Pro | Adjustable Height Desk - Ergo Desktop

My biggest concern is making sure it raises the keyboard and monitor to a comfortable position where I'm not having to bend over. Meaning I'd like the keyboard to be to where my arms are at about a 90 degree angle and my monitor at eye level. Of course, there are variables that can cause this to be different for everyone (i.e. - height of current desk and how tall a person is).

Any others someone might recommend considering?

I use one and love it.

I bought mine from TheHumanSolution (dot) com.

It's called the uplift desk - and the automatic adjustment is nice.

I did a "makeshift" standing desk for about a month. Here's the thing. You stand for a few hours - then you literally will want to / need to sit. It's nice to do some variety. At this point, I'm standing much more than sitting... maybe only sitting 1 hr daily, but in the beginning it took some getting used to.

I also recommend the Monitor Arms. The "arm" will clamp to the edge of the table and hold your monitors above your desk. Then you can have free desk space and "floating" monitors. The monitors will be at the right height for standing...

I'd take a picture of mine, but the pics on the website are as good as you'd need, I think....

I also got the keyboard attachment and the privacy screen to hide all of the wiring. My desk has never been more "clean"

One last thing - it's not necessarily ideal if you have clients come in to your office. Hopefully you have a little conference room table or somewhere else you can sit at. You can't really "sit across the desk" - at least not mine - since I have floating monitors that get in the way...

It was a little bit of a bear to put together - but if I can do it, anyone can.

Eh... just go straight to this then:

WALL-E-Fat-People-300x225.png

Thanks, but I know how to use google. Guess it was understood when I asked if anyone was using a standing desk that I meant anyone here on the forum. I want to hear from people who are using one and what they like and dislike about it.

In addition, I'd like to retain my current desk and that is why the two I linked to are appealing since they work with your current set up.

I use one and love it.

I bought mine from TheHumanSolution (dot) com.

It's called the uplift desk - and the automatic adjustment is nice.

I did a "makeshift" standing desk for about a month. Here's the thing. You stand for a few hours - then you literally will want to / need to sit. It's nice to do some variety. At this point, I'm standing much more than sitting... maybe only sitting 1 hr daily, but in the beginning it took some getting used to.

I also recommend the Monitor Arms. The "arm" will clamp to the edge of the table and hold your monitors above your desk. Then you can have free desk space and "floating" monitors. The monitors will be at the right height for standing...

I'd take a picture of mine, but the pics on the website are as good as you'd need, I think....

I also got the keyboard attachment and the privacy screen to hide all of the wiring. My desk has never been more "clean"

One last thing - it's not necessarily ideal if you have clients come in to your office. Hopefully you have a little conference room table or somewhere else you can sit at. You can't really "sit across the desk" - at least not mine - since I have floating monitors that get in the way...

It was a little bit of a bear to put together - but if I can do it, anyone can.

Thanks for the info. I'm attempting to retain my current desk and that's why the other two seem appealing.

And I have no illusions that I will stand 8-10 hours from the beginning. I plan on getting one of those mats that helps reduce foot fatigue from standing so much.

Back