Anyone Deal with Lifetel Web or Lifetelinsure.com?

Thx Snapdragon422. I'm looking at signing up! Tired of doing Final Expense and driving all over the place. Never done the 'phone sales' thing before. From what I'm reading and it seems to be the consensus of the agents that are with Lifetel...is get the 'A n B' leads and really work the 'free' leads each week.

Yep, that's pretty much it. Then you just have to "pound the phones" :biggrin:

Steer clear.

I answered a post on Craigslist for a life insurance agent tele-sales position.

I was contacted by Mr. Elly Weatherby president of Life-Tel (contact information follows this post.)
Mr. Weatherby claimed the fee for becoming an agent with the company was 595.00 which was to include one-on-one support (from Mr. Weatherby himself) training and client leads.

After reviewing the position and a general overview of the company, I explained to Mr. Weatherby I felt unqualified for the position based on my lack of experience. (I have been a licensed life/health agent in good standing in the State of Washington since 2000 but have little to no experience with life insurance sales or in particular, tele-sales.) I also indicated the requested fee was excessive and beyond what I was willing and able to invest in startup costs.

Mr. Weatherby offered to reduce the fee to 300.00 indicating he felt I'd enough experience to perform well and that he would train me (directly if needed), in order to bring me to a proficient level of production.

I accepted the offer and paid the company 300.00 via Paypal on August 10th, 2018.

Upon receipt of the fee I received via email several .pdf documents and pre-recorded webinars.
I am able to provide copies of all documents, webinars and correspondence upon request.

The .pdf documents are nothing more than commission schedules and generalized product information on various types of policies each carrier provides and readily available to any agent upon contracting with that particular carrier.

These are standard documents denoting coverage specifics and commmision schedules.

There is no inherent training in any of these items.

The webinars provided are general overviews of different term and whole life products offered by each carrier along with general information on phone-calling, working client leads and utilizing online and localized quoting software.

As an existing, (and successful), health agent, I am quite familiar with the above and there was nothing new provided here with respect to product specific training or direct tele-sales training.

The webinars are informational at best and can in no way shape or form be construed as training, (particularly the one-on-one training Mr. Weatherby alluded to.)

The last communication from Mr. Weatherby was via email on August 28th, 2018. He sent .pdf files and a list of essential products necessary to be well versed in, claiming knowledge / proficiency in the 'base' products would be sufficient in order for me to begin placing outbound calls.
He indicated in the email I should him with any questions.

Upon review, I had a host of questions several items. Being in no way prepared to call actual clients, I contacted Mr. Weatherby in an attempt to gain clarity on specific product application, tele-sales-specific training for the promoted products and quoting procedures, hoping to take advantage of the 'direct training' which Mr.Weatherby had offered.

Emailed Mr. Weatherby several times subsequent to August 28th, with no response.

Called several times and was directed to voicemail and left two voicemails with no response.

Texted his direct number stating that I wished to withdraw from the entire process and wanted a refund of my 300.00.

I received no response from him or the company.

This operation is a complete and utter sham.
Don't waste your time or money.

Below is the contact information Mr. Weatherby lists in his communications:

Elly Weatherby
President
CA Corporate License No. 0K56565
(909) 786-2514 Direct/VM
(888) 898-7334 Toll-Free
(866) 422-1921 Fax
[email protected]
Visit our website at www.LifeTelInsure.com

Official LifeTel Company Memo:

On or about September 3rd, our President and founder, Elly Weatherby, suffered a serious medical emergency and was hospitalized. As a result, some communication and requests for service, direct to Mr. Weatherby, were admittedly delayed. As a staff, we have done our best to retrieve and attend to such matters, in his absence. To all LifeTel producers, we appreciate your patience and please note that all will be addressed and given the proper attention, as expeditiously as possible.

Due to concerns expressed from multiple individuals, it is extremely important for all to understand the following:
  1. We work/call off a phone system that does not receive text messages. Please do not text any direct numbers for any LifeTel employees, as these numbers are not cell phone numbers.

2. Due to the number of producers under contract with us and the sheer volume of calls in to our phone system, it is not possible for us to determine calls from individual producers by number only. In order to receive a response from anyone in the LifeTel staff, you MUST leave a clear voice message including your full name and return telephone number.

3. If unable to receive a response from any calls made to any LifeTel employees, please then call our toll-free number at 888-898-7334. When calling that number, again, please leave a clear voice message including your full name and return contact phone number.
Finally, to all who have expressed concern and given their well wishes, Mr. Weatherby, his family, and the entire LifeTel family, would like to express our sincere gratitude. Thank you.

Is anyone writing the Ameritas non med term plan? I think it's called the "FLX". Has anyone written it, how was the underwriting process, were they quick... Any information on this would be appreciated. I'm looking for an additional non med term alternative. Thank you in advance!

I don't think myinsurebiz has actually written the product, though. He responded very graciously, but I was seeking someone's input who has actually put cases in there recently and could possibly tell me positives about underwriting, negatives, how things were handled at issue, good or bad, anything possibly about commissions, were they quick, slow, any complications, etc. If anyone has this kind of insight on Ameritas, that's the information I was really hoping to gather.

I don't think myinsurebiz has actually written the product, though. He responded very graciously, but I was seeking someone's input who has actually put cases in there recently and could possibly tell me positives about underwriting, negatives, how things were handled at issue, good or bad, anything possibly about commissions, were they quick, slow, any complications, etc. If anyone has this kind of insight on Ameritas, that's the information I was really hoping to gather.
Well, the way he talked, I thought he had written it.

Well, the way he talked, I thought he had written it.

Ah well, I guess I'll just have to throw a couple of cases in there and see what they do with them. It's just that "every case counts" obviously and I'm admittedly a bit timid on adding new carriers. I DO like their stuff, though. It's a good brand, the rating is there and their materials look really, really sharp. Just have to try 'em out:biggrin:

Back